holiday buffet set up inefficiently

This morning, I attended a civic group's holiday brunch buffet at a small local restaurant. The whole restaurant was closed for the event, so there were no other patrons. The buffet table was set up in a far corner up against the walls, so that when people lined up to serve themselves, the waitresses constantly had to shove through the line to check on the food and if the trays needed re-filling (see crude diagram). It just seemed to me there would have been a better place to set the serving table. Since the entire restaurant was closed, they could have set the table closer to the kitchen on the side of the building that wasn't being used which is closer to the kitchen with one side towards it so the wait staff could fill the trays from that side.

Another thing that seemed "off" was that even before we were finished, the restaurant manager presented the bill for the brunch to the event organizer right in front of everyone. Just my opinion, but he could have waited until we were done and then proffered the bill to her more privately. Just seemed he was in a hurry to get his money and maybe hint for us to hurry up so he could open the restaurant for the general public.

restaurant.jpg

Back