Homeless Encampment Built Next to Quiet Neighborhood

Gosh, I hope they never think of that here. Some businesses here had to disable them. They can afford to pay for the extra electricity.
I think I mentioned this before on the forum. Where I work, during orientation, we were told if we see any homeless out back getting water from an outdoor faucet, just let them. Don't say anything.

That should be totally illegal. But this is becoming California. I heard of people renting walk in closets in homes in the San Francisco bay area.
A million years ago my husband (while he was single) was business mgr. of a commune in Brooklyn. He laughed so hard when he told me he rented out a hallway!

One of the biggest issues with these encampments is sanitation. This is why modern sewage systems were built and things like permits are required to help ensure they are not over loaded. Lack of sanitation help contribute to many illnesses over the centuries. Many of these "campers" will have to learn history from the begining. If they even care to learn or make things better for themselves or others.

Back