Horses

572023_61b35215f9bce5b8361a75862dd3934a_large.jpg
Is this horse real or is it photo shopped? Amazing!

Gypsy Vanners have to be one of the most beautiful horses in this world, and some of them have manes and tails that literally drag on the ground, if you do an image search online.
They are called Gypsy Vanners because, originally they were used by Gypsy’s to pull their caravan homes.
Here is a picture of a team pulling one of the caravans, and some of these have been restored and are gorgeous inside, too.
E30D1627-A462-46F7-9BC3-63474A45768A.jpeg

My niece had a beautiful sweet-natured Golden Palomino many years ago appropriately named "Goldie" that even I (who spent most of my life admiring but terrified by horses) could ride with ease.

My niece would enter horse shows as a child and get extra points for keeping Goldie "under control" while the other horses were skittering around, nipping at each other, etc. What the judges didn't know was that Goldie's favorite state was "standing still" and she was an Olympic Gold Medalist at "standing still". If there was an Olympic event for eating, she'd have taken gold in that one, too.

Goldie liked to flap her lips and stand around with what looked like a two-foot tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth. She looked like such a doofus, you had to laugh at her. She was spotted by a "horse talent agent" and went on to be one of the Mr. Ed's in the Mr. Ed show at Universal Studios Orlando. Yes, shocking as it seems, *Mr* Ed was sometimes *Ms* Ed. She was trained to flap her lips on cue, so it looked like she was "talking". Later she moved on to a riding stable, where she helped many children get over their fear of horses, like she did for me.

Sea Breeze: These horse pictures are amazing!!! Are these your horses? Did you take the photographs? Are they thoroughbreds? Tennesee Walking horses? I would live to paint this! I paint mostly people, old ranchers, etc.but I paint a few horses too. Hey! I'll show you.

Attachments

• IMG_1073.JPG
    IMG_1073.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0936.JPG
    IMG_0936.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 0
I've always loved watching Clydesdales... such gorgeous horses!

I was lucky enough to see some of them in person!

Vacationing in New Hampshire one year, we took a tour of the Anheuser-Busch operation and saw those magnificent horses.

I hear that only a few remain in NH as the breeding and training moved to Missouri.

@Bonnie, this video is very interesting. It sure is work to drive those horses!

Last edited:

Back