How about a post for Song Covers

Mostel was born in Brooklyn, to Israel Mostel, who was of Eastern European Jewish origin, and Cina "Celia" Druchs, a Polish Jew who was raised in Vienna.
The two immigrated to the United States separately – Israel in 1898 and Cina in 1908 – where they met and married. Israel already had four children from his first wife; he had four more children with Cina.
Samuel, later known as Zero, was Israel's seventh child.
According to his brother, Bill Mostel, their mother coined the nickname "Zero", noting that if he continued to do poorly at school, he would amount to a zero.
If I Were A Rich Man - Zero Mostel 1964

If I Were A Rich Man - Roger Whitaker 1967​

Last edited:

I'm Gonna Knock on Your Door - The Isley Brothers 1959​

Eddie Hodges was a child star of Stage, Screen and Television.
At the age of ten, Hodges made his professional acting debut on stage in the 1957 Broadway musical The Music Man in which he originated the character of Winthrop Paroo and introduced the song "Gary, Indiana", with Robert Preston and Pert Kelton.

He made his film debut in the 1959 film A Hole in the Head with Frank Sinatra and Edward G Robinson, in which Hodges and Sinatra performed the song "High Hopes"
He made eight feature films and numerous TV guest appearances.
He is probably best remembered for playing the title role in the 1960 film The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door - Eddie Hodges 1961​

Desperado, a great Eagles song, was covered by Linda Ronstadt who was at one time associated with the Eagles. It was one of the Eagles best songs, but I've always believed it was best sung by a woman -- particularly one with a voice as great as Linda's. BTW, she is now old enough to be posting to this group, but sadly has been stricken by a neurological disorder which has ruined her voice. )-8

Desperado, a great Eagles song, was covered by Linda Ronstadt who was at one time associated with the Eagles. It was one of the Eagles best songs, but I've always believed it was best sung by a woman -- particularly one with a voice as great as Linda's. BTW, she is now old enough to be posting to this group, but sadly has been stricken by a neurological disorder which has ruined her voice. )-8
Great sorry. So sad about Linda Ronstadt

Back