How Affectionate Can a Cat Be?

My kids had a cat that was almost TOO affectionate with Dad here. It greeted me when I got home from work, followed me all around the house, jumped into my lap every time I sat down, and invariably slept on my head at night. That guy couldn't get enough pets and snuggles from Dad. We had him for 16 years, and he was probably 2 or 3 years old when we found him by a river.

We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a cruise around The Caribbean, but a lasting memory of our 40th was the kitten that made her home with us.
ruby.jpg
She more or less adopted me from the first day.
Ruby3.jpg
Here she is getting a little bit too big for my bathrobe pocket.
Ruby Mae.jpg
And she quickly found that the guest room bed is lit by sunlight that is soooooooo warm.
She is an adorable bundle of mischief and has quickly settled in.
Ruby 005.JPG
How she has matured into a beautiful cat. So what name did we give her?
Ruby of course. Or if you prefer, her pedigree name is:
Miss Ruby Raspberry Red Sox.

We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a cruise around The Caribbean, but a lasting memory of our 40th was the kitten that made her home with us.
View attachment 192067
View attachment 192068
View attachment 192066
And she quickly found that the guest room bed is lit by sunlight that is soooooooo warm.
View attachment 192070
Happy Anniversary! Miss Ruby Raspberry Red Sox is a beautiful girl. Happy she's in a good loving home 🧡

View attachment 192067
View attachment 192068
View attachment 192066
View attachment 192070
She is beautiful! I hope you enjoy her presence for a good long time.

I had a cat when I was 15 named Ruby. After awhile I realized she was a he and then thought I should change the name to Reuben but still always ended up calling him Ruby.

She is beautiful! I hope you enjoy her presence for a good long time.

I had a cat when I was 15 named Ruby. After awhile I realized she was a he and then thought I should change the name to Reuben but still always ended up calling him Ruby.
Ruby is a very popular name for dogs as well as cats. Our Ruby is thirteen now, a teenager, she came along in the latter years of China Doll, whom we adored. Birman markings are known as points, China Doll's points, we were told, blend into her fur perfectly, she was a real beauty, we still miss her.
China Doll.jpg
We also have Khandi & Lulu, watch this space.

Ruby is a very popular name for dogs as well as cats. Our Ruby is thirteen now, a teenager, she came along in the latter years of China Doll, whom we adored. Birman markings are known as points, China Doll's points, we were told, blend into her fur perfectly, she was a real beauty, we still miss her.
View attachment 192128
We also have Khandi & Lulu, watch this space.
My Ruby looked very similar with bushy beige fur.

Back