How do I delete what I started?

I started a reply and wanted to delete it before posting. Refreshing the page and going to a new browser wouldn't allow me to do it. There must be a way, but I can't find it. Can anyone help?

I had similar issue. This is how i do it: if anyone knows easier way, i'd be interested.
Deleting what I wrote and the comment i'm replying was no problem, it was the "X said" thing i couldn't. You can backspace easily everything but the "X said" i often take that route if i just Wanta part of the other person's comment. Or if i accidentally hit reply when i meant to leave reaction, on small devices they're very close together

But when you decide you don't want to comment at all or not yet, or get interrupted by something in a way that means you can't give your response the the time and thought you'd like to put into it and want to get rid of whole thing:

See the 3 vertical dots in tool bar? Click on them
a second layer of tools appears
next to last symbol is brackets. [ ] Click on them
The format will change, now one can either backspace all away or use select all and cut/delete commands as you normally would on whatever device you're using. (On desk top my mouse gets it done, on Kindle i have to hold stylus on screen till command options appear.)

Last edited:
Dancing Queen, if you started typing your post and want to change or delete it then just use your arrow key to remove it and start over the same as you would do in an email.
I was looking to remove it entirely, Lee. I'd "replied" to someone, but had wanted to post without replying -- just a fresh post at the bottom of the page.

Matrix

Admin
Thanks, Matrix. I was afraid of that. And we're talking about the same thing? While I'm writing and before I post?
Are you talking about the draft? You wrote a post but didn't click "Post reply". You can always use the key "Backspace" to delete everything. You can also click the disk icon above the reply box, a menu pops up, select "Delete Draft".

oldpop

What I do on most forums that do not allow deleting is click edit, highlight and remove the text and or image. Then I insert "Removed by me". I hope that helps.

Are you talking about the draft? You wrote a post but didn't click "Post reply". You can always use the key "Backspace" to delete everything. You can also click the disk icon above the reply box, a menu pops up, select "Delete Draft".
I tried it, Matrix. It still didn't remove the necessity to upload the post before doing anything else.

Don't understand why you couldn't delete a draft, @Irwin's method should empty the input box. You can't unwatch forums either, something might be wrong with your browser.
I don't have a problem deleting the input box, Matrix. I think I'm just going to give up and include "Deleted by Poster" as I've done in online courses. I just tried to first save as draft and then delete the draft, but that didn't work. I posted in the other thread about unwatching that forum; I guess it just never took in the first place.

Thanks, everyone, for your help!