How do you eat your chicken? Skin off or skin on, baked, fried, roasted, or broiled?

Aneeda72

For years I ate my chicken with the skin off but about three years ago I started eating it with skin on. I think it has more flavor. I usually buy my chicken at Costco since I don't cook. I eat it as it is, no gravy or other additive. I like white meat best, but will eat the dark.

I am a hamburger person, but lately I've tried a few chicken sandwiches and found them to be just as tasty as a burger, and supposedly they are better for you.

Skin off. If I haven't made it myself and it's cooked with the skin on, I'll remove it before eating. It's not that I don't like the skin, but I don't care for the calories/fat content.

I'll eat chicken just about anyway it's served but I prefer it the way my mom always fixed it growing up.....fried chicken, homemade biscuits, mashed potatoes and lots of gravy.

o.jpg

I mostly buy skinless, boneless chicken breasts and broil them. If I buy one of those small rotisserie chickens, it will be skin on. Haven't found a place with really good fried chicken, and I don't make that at home.

Skin off and cooked any way but fried.

Even though the breast is healthier I prefer the dark meat.

I usually buy Boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

These days that’s about the only meat I eat. Get my protein other ways.

Skin off. If I haven't made it myself and it's cooked with the skin on, I'll remove it before eating. It's not that I don't like the skin, but I don't care for the calories/fat content.

Exactly the same here.... and I only ever eat skinless chicken thighs, although I must confess to having the very occasional KFC

Always chicken breast....cooked on stove top with a small amt of water in the pan...then cut up and mixed with grilled onions, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. mmmm....
OR parmigiano style with tomato sauce and slice of melted cheese on top sprinkled with oregano...

Skin off or skin on, baked, fried, roasted, or broiled?

All of the above except broiled.

I have an old gas oven and only thing I broil is bread.

Boneless, skinless. But being healthy dieters, it is not eaten as a separate piece of meat. It is always cut up and put in stew, stir fry, or soup. Never eat a piece of meat/poultry by itself.

I hate chicken skin & wont eat it. At home I usually bake it well seasoned or stir fry, breast meat or thighs, put some of leftovers into soup or casserole. Funny but I just really don't like it, mainly eat it once a week or 2 because it's relatively inexpensive meat. I never order it out, either fast food or fancy.

Lovely crisp skin on a roast chicken straight out of the oven, you start with a little taste, go in for just a little bit more and before you know it you’ve got a ‘bald’ chicken in front of you .....;)

Back