How do you learn about new recipes?

My wife watches the Food Network, and has become a fan of the "Pioneer Woman", Ree Drummond. Nearly every week we try something new, and most of it is quite good.
I loved Ree Drummond when I first watched her, her inclusion into her family life, her husband a rancher, her 4 kids all respectful and smart... so it took me quite a while to realise that the Pioneer woman can't cook anything unless she pours a whole load of spice into everything.. I swear she puts spice and hot ingredients into even Jelly ( jello) :LOL:.. as someone who can't eat anything spicy due to a gastric problem, there's very few of Ree's recipes' I can cook

I loved Ree Drummond when I first watched her, her inclusion into her family life, her husband a rancher, her 4 kids all respectful and smart... so it took me quite a while to realise that the Pioneer woman can't cook anything unless she pours a whole load of spice into everything.. I swear she puts spice and hot ingredients into even Jelly ( jello) :LOL:.. as someone who can't eat anything spicy due to a gastric problem, there's very few of Ree's recipes' I can cook
Have watched a few episodes myself and, like you holly, I cannot eat anything spicy. Sometimes my face is simply o_O when she adds ingredients that I think should not be included. Agree about the kids. ☺

I can't resist reading or watching new recipes on line but I have quite a collection of cookbooks and still enjoy using them and I have years of recipes I've clipped from magazines so I try to control myself when it comes to adding anymore to the mix.
The hubby likes such plain food and my gluten free diet makes me stick mostly to my tried and true recipes which there are many after 40 years of cooking.

Back