How do you like your eggs?

Marie5656

My favorite way to cook and eat eggs is hard boiled. I love having a few on hand in the fridge, then just grab and eat them. I always put a lot of them in my potato or mac salads.
And the good old egg salad sandwich. BTW....is it just me, or does no one make egg and olive sandwiches any more? Or was that a 60s-70s thing? DARN..thought I was putting this in the food forum. LOL. Oh well..does it matter?

Olive-Egg-Salad-Picture.JPG

I haven't made egg salad in ages. I should; I use to eat it with saltine crackers. Never did put olives in the egg salad. My favorite way to cook and eat eggs is scrambled (well done). lol I don't like the egg whites to be all squiggly or runny. Don't you love my grammar (squiggly)?

Last edited:
"There's no such thing as a bad egg."
-Spencer Tracy "Boys Town"
My favorite way to cook and eat eggs is hard boiled. I love having a few on hand in the fridge, then just grab and eat them. I always put a lot of them in my potato or mac salads.
And the good old egg salad sandwich. BTW....is it just me, or does no one make egg and olive sandwiches any more? Or was that a 60s-70s thing? DARN..thought I was putting this in the food forum. LOL. Oh well..does it matter?

View attachment 180731
I agree with on both ways

We had egg salad sandwiches for lunch today, with chopped dill pickles mixed in (and mayo, of course). I'd have it with olives, but hubby doesn't like them.

I like lightly scrambled eggs. Hubby likes them cooked well. Omelettes with mushrooms & peppers is always good. Sometimes I add a bit of grated cheese to them.

I eat eggs most days...I hate the white of a boiled egg, too rubbery ( and poached) I only eat the soft boiled yolk with toasted soldiers ... but I'll eat the white in scrambled or Omelette or whatever, in fact I have eggs ..or AN egg most days

However itā€™s served, it had better not wiggle. No bright orange yolks either.

I might buy one of those egg slicers if they sell them at the dollar store.

I like my eggs scrambled hard. I add I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and lemon pepper seasoning to mine. I used to love when my son made deviled eggs though. They were so good! IMO potato or macaroni salad without eggs just doesn't taste good. If I see either in a deli and they look too white, I know not to buy them. Acme supermarket used to sell very good potato and egg salad.
@Fyrefox I think Humpty Dumpty was just a clumsy a*s. šŸ˜†

Years ago, we were at a weekend vintage festival, there was a big crowd of us all seemingly talking at once but it was most convivial. The DJ put on a popular record from yesteryear. It was Dean Martin and when he sang the song title in the opening line.
"How do like your eggs in the morning?" My wife said, over the din of the hub-bub of chatter, "unfertilised." It caused such a roar of laughter that strangers came over just to find out what the joke was.

I love all eggs except hard boiled.

Love egg and oliveā€¦need to make some. Just bought a carton of eggs and always have olives in the fridge or pantry. I could eat an entire jar of green olives all by themselves. Yummy!

My favorite would be sunny side up basted with sizzling bacon fat.šŸ³

I stopped making egg salad or egg and olive salad after I bought one of these inexpensive egg slicers. One sliced egg is just right for a quick sandwich. šŸ„š
View attachment 180738
I forgot about the egg slicer. Think I will pick one up. A restaurant I once knew would slice an egg. fan it out, drizzle it with Russian dressing and call it Eggs a la Russe

I like them over light, soft-boiled, scrambled, and poached. They are one my very favorite foods. I buy Eggland's Best because I called the company to verify that they inoculate their hens with a salmonella vaccine three times before they sell the eggs. I can't find pasteurized eggs here, or I'd buy those instead.

It's fun to eat soft-boiled eggs. I don't peel them, I karate chop them with a knife, and spoon the insides out of the shell halves. For some reason this is a lot of fun for me. I thought it up about 5 years ago when I was at my mother's house. She thought it was proof positive that I am a nut, and never would adopt the practice.

Back