How Do You Like Your Water?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I actually don't like to drink water as it tastes just blah to me. So, sometimes I squeeze a big piece of lemon into it. It improves the taste IMO. I need to drink enough water and think we all do. I drink chilled tap water that has sat in the frig for about a day. Can't really afford to buy tons of bottled water.

So, how to you like your water?

Mine must be very cold, so I always put ice in it, even when I take it from the pitcher in the fridge. Often, a big glass of plain
ice water is exactly what I need, especially if it has been very hot, and I am feeling dehydrated. But I like to keep a batch of these Orange Crush singles to go on hand to put into my water. They are sugar free and taste great. I do not like the bubbly water, and these packets give my water a nice flavor.

ca5a8a34-8426-4d39-9775-59527020255c_1.be5fa04ad1e9a7a58bbbdac63279c1c2.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually don't like to drink water as it tastes just blah to me. So, sometimes I squeeze a big piece of lemon into it. It improves the taste IMO. I need to drink enough water and think we all do. I drink chilled tap water that has sat in the frig for about a day. Can't really afford to buy tons of bottled water.

So, how to you like your water?
Try putting an ounce of juice to a 12 ounce glass of water. Also, you are doing the environment a favor by not buying plastic bottles of water.

I've had to cut back on my liquid intake and that's difficult as I am a big water fan. Slaking my thirst is all I care about and sometimes I over do it. The trouble is the fact that I also drink about 3 cups of coffee in the morning, and have milk when have my meals, so too much water and anything else tends to make my legs and ankles swell. This has occurred with the onset of hot and humid weather, so I am cooling it. No pun intended. Honest. ;)

How Do You Like Your Water?

Wet, cold, fresh/pure

We get all that here at the cabin
Our well is tapped into some mountain vein
Static level is 14'
Our well is 40'
38°F all year
So fresh and pure we could sell it

Folks from town can't get over the taste
They end up pouring out their bottled water and filling with ours

I can't get enough
Drink maybe 2-3 gallons a day

My buddy's well water at his cabin, 10 miles south, tastes and smells terrible
His well is over 100'
Gravity fed

Luck of the draw I guess

Mine must be very cold, so I always put ice in it, even when I take it from the pitcher in the fridge. Often, a big glass of plain
ice water is exactly what I need, especially if it has been very hot, and I am feeling dehydrated. But I like to keep a batch of these Orange Crush singles to go on hand to put into my water. They are sugar free and taste great. I do not like the bubbly water, and these packets give my water a nice flavor.

View attachment 110535
@Marie5656 I always put at least 4 ice cubes in mine too I forgot to say.

I've had to cut back on my liquid intake and that's difficult as I am a big water fan. Slaking my thirst is all I care about and sometimes I over do it. The trouble is the fact that I also drink about 3 cups of coffee in the morning, and have milk when have my meals, so too much water and anything else tends to make my legs and ankles swell. This has occurred with the onset of hot and humid weather, so I am cooling it. No pun intended. Honest. ;)

Seems like we're damned if we do, & damned if we don't. We know there are health consequences if we don't drink enough liquids, but we can also suffer from drinking them. And there are lots of food that count as a liquid: Yogurt, apple sauce, jello, ice cream, and many more. I had minor heart surgery two years ago and had to cut my liquid intake down to 32 ounces before the surgery instead of the 64 that is recommended. When I was keeping track, I had to count the foods that contained liquids. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I didn't really feel like I was depriving myself of those liquids.

Last edited:
@RadishRose And well water is bad too. I remember once when I was in my early 20s, my cousin and his wife asked me to stay at their house for a week while they went on vacation. I ended up bringing pitchers of water from home to drink, because I hated the well water.
A lot of well water is really hard water with lots of calcium / mineral sediment in it which potentially can ruin appliances

Back