How I Saved $14,500. In About 4 Years

Congratulations for everyone kicking the habit!

My husband stopped at 30 years old, when his father passed away....He started smoking when he was a Teen...
.I never smoked....I do remember when someone challenged me to smoke a cig....I took one puff and never touched it again....
YUK!!!!!!!

I remember my Dad smoking in the house, until my Mom told him the kids are going to get sick....He didn't stop
but went down the Cellar and smoked....He stopped at 60 years old and lived till 89 years old!!!!

4 years already?...wow that time has flown !!...the girl did great! Did you actually physically save that money tho' RR?.. have you got it in readies so to speak .. or have you used it for things you wouldn't have otherwise afforded when you smoked?

Congratulations for everyone kicking the habit!

My husband stopped at 30 years old, when his father passed away....He started smoking when he was a Teen...
.I never smoked....I do remember when someone challenged me to smoke a cig....I took one puff and never touched it again....
YUK!!!!!!!

I remember my Dad smoking in the house, until my Mom told him the kids are going to get sick....He didn't stop
but went down the Cellar and smoked....He stopped at 60 years old and lived till 89 years old!!!!
Both my parents were heavy smokers in the house...the livingroom was a permanent fog. It's a good thing we spent so much time playing outside as kids, we might not have survived to adulthood... :oops:

4 years already?...wow that time has flown !!...the girl did great! Did you actually physically save that money tho' RR?.. have you got it in readies so to speak .. or have you used it for things you wouldn't have otherwise afforded when you smoked?
It sure has flown by!

No, I didn't put it aside, but used it for things I wouldn't have otherwise afforded. I couldn't afford to smoke now, even if I wanted to.

I never smoked, not even once, not even just to try it. My parents were both smokers and I hated it as a child. Then when I was dating, I didn't particularly like kissing a smoker. DH was a non-smoker, so that was a big plus. From time to time, like at a wedding, he'd try a cigar and then complain of a fierce headache the next day. And way back in the day he fooled around with pipe smoking, and thankfully that didn't last either. Not only did it save us money, but our health is better. My mother used to get bronchitis every winter without fail, and be coughing for weeks. So far, we are rarely ill (knock wood).

Back