How is the Air Quality Where You Live?

Lon

My area has never been known for good clean air and with all the present and past fires it's become worse.Hasn't done any thing to help my Bronchitis either. Even staying indoors the bad air will find you.

We live in a very clean environment. About the only Air Pollution is some dust a passing vehicle might kick up on the gravel road. There is a problem for some folks with allergies because of all the pollen from the heavy forest and vegetation, but that's about all. I take a water sample from our well to the state health department every 2 or 3 years, and they always come back with something like " I wish our city water was this clean".

We live in the South, where the air is always humid, and in the summer, it is hot and humid, and just walking out the door causes perspiration on your face and arms, even when it is early in the morning. Some days, it is almost like trying to breathe underwater.
When I go back out to Idaho to visit family there, I can breathe so much better, and the air is fresh and pure.

Huntsville (AL) is down in a valley, and so the quality of the air is even worse because of that. The early settlers here were told by the Indians who lived out here, that the air was "poison", and they camped in the hills surrounding the valley and not in the valley itself.
And that was way before there was any kind of industry here that was actually polluting the air, it was just mainly because the air here was stagnant.
And the mosquitoes are horrific here ! Worse than anywhere I have ever lived in all of my life ! I am not sure what it is about the air that facilitates mosquito propagation, but something sure does.
The mosquito-spraying truck goes up and down the streets several times each week in the summer to try and help keep the population at bay; but I don't think that it does a whole lot of good.

The air quality has been very bad lately.
Many fires here in Northern California, also in Oregon and Washington.

Looks like we have a chance for some thunder storms tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get some good rain showers.

The air quality isn't too bad ... it's the water in Lake Michigan that goes bad. I live close to the lake where the wastewater sewage plant is located. They discharge "safe" water into the lake.... funny ....if the water is so safe ,why are our beaches closed whenever there's a heavy rain or turbulence . Seems the E-Coli rate jumps sky high .
( And they call their waste water safe ???? )

We are drying out in the aftermath of Irma. It will be nice after a while.

Back