How little they ask from us.

Butterfly

:(

I am so miserable and sad that I’m thinking about looking into a grief/support group for someone who’s lost a pet.

I’m sure they have them.
CeeCee, have you thought of searching the rescues for another pet? I can't live without a dog companion -- the house is just too quiet and lonely.

It took me a little more than 3 months to find another dog that fit after losing my Bonnie in April. But I finally did find a wonderful dog, all trained and everything. There are many very good dogs in rescues that are there because they've had their owner die, or are homeless because of a divorce or something similar. Many of them are well trained, I look for an older dog because I don't think I'd cope well with a puppy at my age (and with my joints).

Henry walked into my house completely house trained and familiar with using a dog door. He doesn't chew on anything that is not his, knows his commands, and I can leave him at home alone without worry when I have to go somewhere I can't take him.
He's pretty much a perfect dog and he was at the Humane Society looking for a home. I met him and brought him home that same day. I'm very blessed to have found him.

CeeCee

Lots of people have asked me that. Maybe in the future but at this point in my life...no.

I’m not so much missing a pet in my life as I’m missing Pickles...I think there is a difference.

That was the short answer....there is a long answer too.

In short, I may even be moving from Fresno. My daughter and SIL are looking at a house that has a separate granny suite.

They just put their house on the market.

So a lot depends on that.

You are very lucky, Butterfly...sounds like a wonderful dog!

Last edited: