How long do you remain a "New Member"?

Not many members attain the unique status on this forum as I do.
There is only me that is classified as PITA (Pain in the _ _ _ _) ;)

Hello fellow senior citizens. I am an 82, soon to be 83 YOA male. I come from a long line of Law Enforcement Officers starting with my great great grandfather, continuing on to my Daddy and 2 older brothers. They were all heroes however the biggest hero in my life was my Daddy! I worshiped him. I wanted to be exactly like him so, after serving 4 years in the US Air Force I was discharged on Mar. 14 1958 I was 20 years 4 months 3 days old. When I turned 21 YOA I applied for, was offered and accepted the position of Police Chief in a small town in S.C.

It was the happiest day of my life I was following in the footsteps of my hero, my Daddy. I started to work immediately and ordered my uniforms. About 10 days later when they arrived, I dressed VERY PROUDLY and traveled to another small S.C. town about 40 miles away where my oldest brother was a Police Officer there and my Mama & Daddy who were retired and living with him to allow my family to see the newest family Police Officer, we all cried. The two who cried the loudest and longest was, me and my Daddy we hugged for the longest time and I was never happier in my lifetime as when he told me he had NEVER been happier nor more prouder of me than now.

Hello fellow senior citizens. I am an 82, soon to be 83 YOA male. I come from a long line of Law Enforcement Officers starting with my great great grandfather, continuing on to my Daddy and 2 older brothers. They were all heroes however the biggest hero in my life was my Daddy! I worshiped him. I wanted to be exactly like him so, after serving 4 years in the US Air Force I was discharged on Mar. 14 1958 I was 20 years 4 months 3 days old. When I turned 21 YOA I applied for, was offered and accepted the position of Police Chief in a small town in S.C.

It was the happiest day of my life I was following in the footsteps of my hero, my Daddy. I started to work immediately and ordered my uniforms. About 10 days later when they arrived, I dressed VERY PROUDLY and traveled to another small S.C. town about 40 miles away where my oldest brother was a Police Officer there and my Mama & Daddy who were retired and living with him to allow my family to see the newest family Police Officer, we all cried. The two who cried the loudest and longest was, me and my Daddy we hugged for the longest time and I was never happier in my lifetime as when he told me he had NEVER been happier nor more prouder of me than now.
Welcome to the forum, @NGPlayer :)
Through working for the DOJ/Summons bureau, I've had many friends who were in the police force. It's great that you fulfilled your dream by following in your Daddy's footsteps.

Back