How many alphabetically listed words in your hardcover dictionary?

Bretrick

Mine has over 100,000 words listed.
I bought it in 2007

1872 pages

Weighs 4kg
70mm - 2 3/4" thick
The last word is -Zyrian n the language of the people of the Komi Autonomous Republic, belonging to the Finno-Urgic family

Last edited:
I've only had one dictionary in my life. I had to buy it as a freshman in high school. All our other books were loaned to us, but we all had to buy the same dictionary for some reason, I suppose for class dictionary activities, which I don't remember, because I thought we did that in elementary school. It was a "Websters New... (something or other)." It is one of a very few original possessions that I still have and use. My wife was a public school librarian, and at one point she fixed the binding for me, because it was beginning to fall apart. Now it's in good health again, but aged much like a fine wine.

I no longer own a hard cover dictionary. I have a soft covered Webster's but have only been using the dictionary app on my computer, which is the New Oxford American and the one in the Words With Friends app, when necessary.

Last edited:
"How many alphabetically listed words in your hardcover dictionary?"

Are there dictionaries out there where the words aren't alphabetized? :unsure:

Personally, I use dictionary.com and thesauras.com for looking up words. That's a lot faster than thumbing through a paper dictionary.

"How many alphabetically listed words in your hardcover dictionary?"

Are there dictionaries out there where the words aren't alphabetized? :unsure:

Personally, I use dictionary.com and thesauras.com for looking up words. That's a lot faster than thumbing through a paper dictionary.
I wrote it that way so no smart aleck would say - "Does that include the meanings?" :D

Back