How often do you travel?

We don't travel because we have no one to watch our dogs, and there's too many of them to put into a kennel, lol. But because I still have family in New Jersey and Florida, I have traveled alone to see them, but it's been a few years since I've done so. We're planning on buying either a camper or an RV in the future so that we can both travel together, and bring our dogs with us. :)

I don't seem to travel as often as I'd like, but now and then I do the weekend or three
day gets aways to a favorite place. This winter hopefully it will be Leavenworth, WA
but all depending on the snow and possible commuting issues. The town though is
unique, like a little Bavarian place and each December there is a Christmas tree lighting,
I've not been in over 10 years, want to go again.

Attachments

• download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 3
We don't travel because we have no one to watch our dogs, and there's too many of them to put into a kennel, lol. But because I still have family in New Jersey and Florida, I have traveled alone to see them, but it's been a few years since I've done so. We're planning on buying either a camper or an RV in the future so that we can both travel together, and bring our dogs with us. :)
That's the only way to travel. :)

DSC00772.JPG

We have given up on traveling at this point. After 12 years, 41 countries, 52 trips, 512 travel days, and 18 cruises, we are done with lengthy
travels.
We are not getting any younger, and facing the chaos in airports is not for us. Also, bus trips involve climbing up and down the bus steps with a bad knee is a nonstarter.

2/3 times a year, but I think, now that we are 76, it is becoming harder. We road trip it and driving is becoming a chore plus the cost of gas and the cost of the rooms is now excessive. We make more money now than we ever have in our lives and we still are considered low income 😂.

And it’s still a bit of a struggle as everything becomes more expensive.

So, I think we will only take one trip from now on or no trips. Plus my husband“s inactivated lung cancer tumor (according to the doctors) has spread to his other lung. 😳. He was having his last scan before being released from the cancer doctor.

Surprise! Look there, a very tiny tumor in the other lung. We will have to watch it. Hmm. More scans to come.

We 'travel' fairly frequently, mainly round the UK, but also Europe 2 or 3 times a year. When we lived in the south of England, it was easy and (relatively) cheap to cross to France with the Motorhome. Now that we live in Scotland, driving to Europe is very expensive, so we fly there instead. In addition, Mrs L and elder daughter (sometimes both daughters) tend to have a 'girlie' holiday somewhere in Europe every year.

Pre Covid.. and the loss of my husband last year.. I travelled abroad twice a year .. at least... and certainly a couple or more times in the UK... however I haven't travelled anywhere since we needed all the proof of Covid vaccinations.. and the Airport strikes in the UK and Europe made everything horrendous for passngers .. and now being on my own..so in essence it's almost 3 years since I;ve been anywhere.. ..but I will have to get my self in gear because I'm a born traveller.. and I miss it very much

Not much anymore I traveled enough while in the military. It's a blessing to be able to wake up in the morning and think to myslef, "I have nothing to do today, except for whatever I decide I want to do."

My camper passed its annual test OK, so no costly repairs, however camping & caravanning are no longer cheap holidays and I wonder about selling the van. In recent years, possibly driven by covid restrictions on travelling abroad, campervans have shot up in price and my van would now fetch more than I paid 9 years ago!

Living in Scotland,there are no easy routes to Europe and ferry crossings cost a fortune. For a trip of 7-10 days, it is as cheap to fly and stay in a modest hotel. If I keep the van, it will be for GB trips only, and I will fly elsewhere.

I'm really pleased to get back to travelling again - I just have to keep a eye on the costs.

I'd travel constantly if I could.
So would I, if it were up to me. Travel can get adictive. Unfortunately my wife is getting less and less willing to travel. I do sometimes go on my own.
I will have to get my self in gear because I'm a born traveller.. and I miss it very much
Get going lady!!

Ain't none of us getting any younger, can't do it forever. Make hay while the sunshines.

So would I, if it were up to me. Travel can get adictive. Unfortunately my wife is getting less and less willing to travel. I do sometimes go on my own.

Get going lady!!

Ain't none of us getting any younger, can't do it forever. Make hay while the sunshines.
yes but right now, our trains are on strike, as are our Tubes..(subways trains).. and this month the Nurses are coming out on strike along with the Bus drivers... so it's hard to get to the airport ..and even then half the time they're on strike as well... then next month all the flight tickets shoot up in price because it's peak Holiday time.. so it'll have to wait awhile

Back