How To Make Ice Cream For Your Dog

Haven't seen that before @Ruthanne. . I do something a little different .. no dog food involved, and it's really easy.
My dogs always enjoyed the Frosty Paws (dog ice cream) sold in the ice cream section in grocery stores, but it's expensive and you can do better version at home.
This is what I make: 4 cups plain yogurt (or use Greek yogurt), 1/2 cup peanut butter ( make sure xylitol is not an ingredient in the pb) 1 ripe banana, and 2 tablespoons honey. Melt the peanut butter ( 30-60 seconds in microwave) and put all the ingredients in a blender and mix well.
Pour into ice cube trays, and freeze overnight.
Give a cube as a treat whenever.

Haven't seen that before @Ruthanne. . I do something a little different .. no dog food involved, and it's really easy.
My dogs always enjoyed the Frosty Paws (dog ice cream) sold in the ice cream section in grocery stores, but it's expensive and you can do better version at home.
This is what I make: 4 cups plain yogurt (or use Greek yogurt), 1/2 cup peanut butter ( make sure xylitol is not an ingredient in the pb) 1 ripe banana, and 2 tablespoons honey. Melt the peanut butter ( 30-60 seconds in microwave) and put all the ingredients in a blender and mix well.
Bonnie, I've bought my dog those Frozen Paws in peanut butter flavor. She liked it but when I went to get more, they were gone, never came back. They were definitely not sweet.
Maybe I'll give your recipe a try.

Bonnie, I've bought my dog those Frozen Paws in peanut butter flavor. She liked it but when I went to get more, they were gone, never came back. They were definitely not sweet.
Maybe I'll give your recipe a try.

@RadishRose .... if you don't want the honey in them, if that's what you meant, mashed strawberries or even applesauce would probably work...
Lil'Bear loves honey, but of course, he's a bear ...lol
Those silicone dog paw molds are so cute, and naturally Amazon has them! I might get some later on.

@RadishRose .... if you don't want the honey in them, if that's what you meant, mashed strawberries or even applesauce would probably work...
Lil'Bear loves honey, but of course, he's a bear ...lol
Those silicone dog paw molds are so cute, and naturally Amazon has them! I might get some later on.
No, I was just commenting on them. I think Boudica might like little bit of honey. Applesauce is a good idea too!

(but of course, he's a bear ...lol ) 😁
🧸 🍦

@Bonnie, I just put a tray of this in the freezer.
I only made a half- recipe and it more than filled one tray.

I was so afraid of lactose in the yoghurt in case she is lactose intolerant, so I bought a quart of plain kefir which says on the bottle lactose- free.

@Ruthanne from your link I think the one containing-
carrots, cooked white meat chicken, and chia seeds soaked in broth would be great.

We could call it Chicken Soup Sorbet!
I'll do this next time I make chicken soup, but I can't put onions and/or garlic into her pot.

@Bonnie, I just put a tray of this in the freezer.
I only made a half- recipe and it more than filled one tray.

I was so afraid of lactose in the yoghurt in case she is lactose intolerant, so I bought a quart of plain kefir which says on the bottle lactose- free.

Kefir sounds like a good idea. I've been using greek yogurt until now without issue, but I might try kefir.

@Ruthanne from your link I think the one containing-
carrots, cooked white meat chicken, and chia seeds soaked in broth would be great.

We could call it Chicken Soup Sorbet!
I'll do this next time I make chicken soup, but I can't put onions and/or garlic into her pot.

👍

@Bonnie, today was doggie's first tasting. I put a cube into her bowl. She licked it for awhile, but couldn't really bite it, so she walked away.

After it had softened and melted a bit, I showed it to her again and she ate it all up! It's a winner, and thanks!

Back