How women dress and se*ual objects ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

SF VIP
Who peed in your Cheerios this morning?
I was just reminded of the ONLY time I didn't like something my Grandma said. I was about 10, we were on a subway and this old guy starts talking to her in Yiddish, and after their conversation I said "Grandma, how did he know?" and she pointed to her nose and laughed. Then she told me he was a schmuck, a word I knew meant dopey but I asked her the actual meaning and she giggled like a kid and said "a man's dickie." I didn't like this whole scene, and for the only time in my life I was having trouble liking her explanation, and thought she was being childish, and I was only 10...................ANYWAY, Oprah is wrong to say va jay jay. It's babyish & silly and I wish old people were actually mature grownups.

Okay, guess it's a version of grammar police, of which I am guilty of too.

caroln

@Warrigal , I'm glad you replied and shed some light on this disturbing new regulation. I was beginning to see shades of "big brother". :eek:

It seems to me, even if they had cameras on everyone's eyes, a person could claim they weren't looking at someone, just looking at something behind them. I wonder how this could be enforceable.

It's a good thing we don't have "thought police". ;)

I was just reminded of the ONLY time I didn't like something my Grandma said. I was about 10, we were on a subway and this old guy starts talking to her in Yiddish, and after their conversation I said "Grandma, how did he know?" and she pointed to her nose and laughed. Then she told me he was a schmuck, a word I knew meant dopey but I asked her the actual meaning and she giggled like a kid and said "a man's dickie." I didn't like this whole scene, and for the only time in my life I was having trouble liking her explanation, and thought she was being childish, and I was only 10...................ANYWAY, Oprah is wrong to say va jay jay. It's babyish & silly and I wish old people were actually mature grownups.

We are all a product of our upbringing and change isn't always easy.

JaniceM

which reminds me of the little joke in one of Leo Rosten's books.. about the guy riding a camel down the street.....

Buckeye

There's an old story about Winston Churchill, who was at a formal dinner and when asked for his preference, asked for a breast. They lady next to him scolded him and said that a gentleman of his standing should know better than to use such a vulgar term in the presence of a lady, and that he should ask for white meat. He apologized, and the next day sent her a lovely brooch, and suggested she pin it over her white meat....

Love the pic but hate the implication. Here's one in English that I've always liked.

HoneyNut

OTOH, if you showed men showing up for work in an office, restaurant, store wearing midreff showing pants and tops, no sleves and a deeply cut neckline, that would be better proof. I am sure such photos are out there, but are they that common ?
I used to have a boss who wore his shirt unbuttoned far down and he wore a gold chain necklace. He was so hot (he was maybe 24 yrs old). But, this was overseas and he was from Mexico, so different societal standards I guess.

Brookswood

Like you, I dress for comfort, but my definition of comfort probably differs from others. This morning, shopping for a few provisions, a fellow complimented my blazer. He described it as loud but added that I wore it with confidence.
My blazer loud, with the hat and shoes that I was wearing? Seriously?
View attachment 251989
It's the hat! The hat says it all. And the shoes aren't bad either.

Brookswood

I used to have a boss who wore his shirt unbuttoned far down and he wore a gold chain necklace. He was so hot (he was maybe 24 yrs old). But, this was overseas and he was from Mexico, so different societal standards I guess.
I had one also, an American middle aged guy. Most of us thought he looked silly. Or he was a having a mid-life crisis. Or both.

As this discussion goes on I think we should keep in mind that clothing worn at a festive party is often different from what is worn at work, or worn to a funeral, or worn when hanging out at a pickup bar. My main concern is the work environment because that is where people have to be together, often closely, for long periods of time.

Oh, by the way. Women talk about male appearances also. And they can be quite interesting to listen to. It's not always nice.

Last edited:
Like you, I dress for comfort, but my definition of comfort probably differs from others. This morning, shopping for a few provisions, a fellow complimented my blazer. He described it as loud but added that I wore it with confidence.
My blazer loud, with the hat and shoes that I was wearing? Seriously?
View attachment 251989

Anyone can be ordinary but it takes someone special and a bit of effort, for sure, to be extraordinary!

You wear it well sir, I doff my cap to you! 👍😊

Packerjohn

Packerjohn
It amuses me that women wear those tight clothes but men wear big, baggy pants or shorts. It sort of amuses me too how women stick their boobs out at me. I really don't think it's sexy at all. Only their nipples are covered. There is so much more to a nice woman than her nipples. I find women sticking their breasts out at me a real turn off but hey, that's me. Can't really speak for the rest of the male population.

Give me a woman with brains, who dresses well and enjoys laughter and to me, that lady is a winner!

horseless carriage

Who peed in your Cheerios this morning?
I have just got to steal that expression, oh yes!
Anyone can be ordinary but it takes someone special and a bit of effort, for sure, to be extraordinary!

You wear it well sir, I doff my cap to you! 👍😊
Such a compliment, thank you.

It's the hat! The hat says it all. And the shoes aren't bad either.
When you have a cranium as big as mine bespoke is the way to go. The trousers are also hand made by my talented lady and the shoes too are made to measure, but that fellow just loved the blazer.
Thank you for your compliment, much appreciated.

Last edited:

Warrigal

SF VIP
@Warrigal , I'm glad you replied and shed some light on this disturbing new regulation. I was beginning to see shades of "big brother". :eek:

It seems to me, even if they had cameras on everyone's eyes, a person could claim they weren't looking at someone, just looking at something behind them. I wonder how this could be enforceable.

It's a good thing we don't have "thought police". ;)
I've never heard of such a regulation so it could be "fake news" but if it does exist I'm guessing it would be to protect the working women from harassment.

senior chef

I've never heard of such a regulation so it could be "fake news" but if it does exist I'm guessing it would be to protect the working women from harassment.
I suspect it is fake news. I doubt any business could believe that they could stop men from merely looking at women.

senior chef

For those women who complain about men staring at them, AFTER they have dressed sexy and been to the beauty shop to have their nails and hair done, I say the following.

An analogy. I needed to make a large cash deposit in the bank. I had no canvas security bag so I carried the cash in a clear plastic bag. One and all saw what I was carrying. Some street people approached me and I felt uncomfortable. Of course I drew attention. What the heck did I expect ?

If any woman dresses sexy to display her body and then goes out into public, she is encourages men to notice her. This is precisely what she intended in the first place. After all, there is a multi-billion dollar women's fashion industry and beauty industry which is designed for one single purpose... To make women as beautiful and attractive as possible.

After spending much money and time to make herself attractive/hot looking, she is incredibly naive to think that men will take no notice. Indeed, she will probably become frustrated if man DON'T notice.

I do NOT suggest that men have any right to harass her, be rude or uncouth, but there is nothing wrong with a men/men who attempt to date her.

Last edited:

Tabby Ann

women know full well that dressing that way encourages man to approach them. AND , then they have the nerve to complain about men who hit on them.
I was in college during the Women’s Liberation Movement of the late 60s when women’s groups all over the country were discussing the commercial exploitation of women’s bodies and supporting each other in dressing for health and comfort, rather than supporting the commercial fashion industry and making commercial alterations to themselves. Young men during that movement were more attracted to healthy natural young women dressed in practical clothing than to the commercial clowns in stiletto heels and bleached hair walking down the street. But that movement has faded out and women are back to commercial alterations to themselves such as tattoos, piercings, tight clothes, bizarre hair colors and so on. It shows a lack of self-acceptance and lack of focus on the more important aspects of love and relations with the opposite gender. I agree with the OP entirely when he says if women don’t want men staring at their ****** attributes then they shouldn't display them so prominently. That is only logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.