How's This For Nostalgia?

Ken N Tx

MALE
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]All the girls had ugly gym uniforms
and wore
tennis shoes not $200 Nike's?
1.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]It took three minutes for the TV to warm up?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]You got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped,
without asking,
all for free, every time?
And you didn't pay for air? And, you got trading stamps to boot?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]They threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed. .
and they did it?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Playing baseball with no adults to help kids with the rules of the game?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Having a Weapon in School meant
being caught with a Slingshot?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Worst Embarrassment was
being picked last for a team?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]War was a card game?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Do you remember a time when decisions were made by going 'eeny-meeny-miney-moe'?
Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, 'Do Over!'?
'Race issue' meant arguing about who ran the fastest?
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If you can remember most or all of these, Then You Have Lived!![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

My first adult job was with Standard Stations. worked my way up to Asst. Mgr. We actually had to greet customers to a script! "Good Morning (or afternoon, evening) Do you wish the tank filled?" If the customer said yes it was "Fill the tank with Chevron Supreme or Chevron?" Then repead his order, etc. White uniform, black tie hot or not. They had checkers out writing reports on our methods.

I still have a set of road maps, from 1958, with highlighted roads showing the best route from CA to NY. Route 66 most of the way and there was no charge to have this done. Very early Mapquest?

Worked part time in CA for Texaco station. We had to go through the whole spiel asking all the May i help you questions.

Radios looked like cathedral windows, had advanced features such as a tuning eye, had up to 3 bands (BC, SW and Police), and took a couple minutes to warm up?

And clocks were wound with a key once a week?

I must really live in the past.

Radio2.jpg

120423_cn-nostalgia-college_p465.jpg

Hubby worked at a Chevron station when we met-after school and weekends,that is. It was right next door to his dad`s body shop that we eventually took over. His dad also had an account at the station so he could just run his loaner cars over and fill up when necessary. The kids were allowed to use the account to put gas in their cars,so before we went cruising on Friday nights we would go there and put in 50 cents. Then hubby got in trouble for signing the tag "Bimbo" (his dog).

Oh and yeah,my sisters both had the puke green gym unis.The year I started high school,they switched to a marine blue one and they weren`t too awful. And yes,we were very fetching in them...;) What we weren`t so great looking in were the swimsuits. They were coton knit-no Spandex in them and what fit you when it was dry stretched out about 6 sizes when it got wet! Awful old things!

Back