I am at a lost for words. Actually close to tears - it is regarding my husband bloodwork.

Ladybj

Live, Laugh and Love
I feel at a lost for words. I am going to try my best to finish posting this. My husband had to go for more blood work. His blood Platelets are very high - near 500. His Monocytes are high (among other high readings). Both being high is not good at all...especially high blood platelets - which can cause blood clots. He compared his counts to last year which was normal. One blood test he took showed high protein in his system...does the Pfz vaccine contain protein??

I know some of you may disagree but I strongly believe its because of the vaccine - but I am not certain. I pray people take the time to have their platelets and Mono checked before taking the vaccine. This is why I am doing my research before taking the vaccine. I highly doubt I will take it. I thank God I am retired and will not be forced to take it. My heart goes out to all that are having health issues due to the vaccine. I am sure some people are doing fine..which is great. My husband is pretty worried. He has an appt with his doc next week. Hope everyone be safe and Well.

There may be many other things to blame- but the vaccine is not one of them.
Why would you say the vaccine is not one of them? Is it possible it could be? This is why my heart goes out to people that are having side effects from the vaccine.. those that are vaccined do not even want to entertain the thought...which is their option.

Why would you say the vaccine is not one of them? Is it possible it could be? This is why my heart goes out to people that are having side effects from the vaccine.. those that are vaccined do not even want to entertain the thought...which is their option.
It is also your option not to have the vaccine. But spreading propaganda is not the way to convince anyone!!!!

It is also your option not to have the vaccine. But spreading propaganda is not the way to convince anyone!!!!
Trust me... I am not trying to convince anyone one way or the other. People do what is best for them. I do not have that much power to convince anyone. Propaganda is your opinion which you have a right to. I have bigger fish in the ocean than debating with anyone regarding what is best for them.

Trust me... I am not trying to convince anyone one way or the other. People do what is best for them. I do not have that much power to convince anyone. Propaganda is your opinion which you have a right to. I have bigger fish in the ocean than debating with anyone regarding what is best for them.

I wish you and your husband good health - and- I wish the vaccine continued success.

I feel at a lost for words. I am going to try my best to finish posting this. My husband had to go for more blood work. His blood Platelets are very high - near 500. His Monocytes are high (among other high readings). Both being high is not good at all...especially high blood platelets - which can cause blood clots. He compared his counts to last year which was normal. One blood test he took showed high protein in his system...does the Pfz vaccine contain protein??

I know some of you may disagree but I strongly believe its because of the vaccine - but I am not certain. I pray people take the time to have their platelets and Mono checked before taking the vaccine. This is why I am doing my research before taking the vaccine. I highly doubt I will take it. I thank God I am retired and will not be forced to take it. My heart goes out to all that are having health issues due to the vaccine. I am sure some people are doing fine..which is great. My husband is pretty worried. He has an appt with his doc next week. Hope everyone be safe and Well.
I had logged out and then saw this thread and then read it and logged back in cause it sparked a memory. So I get seen

at the Huntsman cancer center for my red blood cell cancer. They do a platelet count and, in my case, my platelets are in the toilet. Nurse freaks.

But, apparently sometimes with the platelet count blood test something goes wrong. There is a different platelet blood test they can run to check the results of the first platelet blood test. They run that test. Platelets are fine. So don’t panic too much, get him retested and ask about a different test.

As for blaming the vaccine, well, I am not giving an opinion. 😂

I had logged out and then saw this thread and then read it and logged back in cause it sparked a memory. So I get seen

at the Huntsman cancer center for my red blood cell cancer. They do a platelet count and, in my case, my platelets are in the toilet. Nurse freaks.

But, apparently sometimes with the platelet count blood test something goes wrong. There is a different platelet blood test they can run to check the results of the first platelet blood test. They run that test. Platelets are fine. So don’t panic too much, get him retested and ask about a different test.

As for blaming the vaccine, well, I am not giving an opinion. 😂
He has a dr appt on Tuesday...will see what he recommends. As I have stated, I am not fully blaming the vaccine. Thank you.

Sending prayers for your husband!🙏

My platelet count is fine per my recent (in the last month and 5 months after my last vaccine) blood test.
I’m literally in line, as we speak, to get my booster after my two Pfizer vaccines. Everyone is different. Their responses are different.
I agree....one size does not fit all. A lot of people have no problem with the vaccine and others do.

In my experience if a blood test comes back with unusual results, drs usually would like to obtain another ASAP. So much lab equipment is automated these days, which can cause errors.
AndDrs will want to review all other meds,life style changes,other unusual exposures.I hope it clears up for him.

First of all, you can't say the vaccine isn't the cause of what's going on with her husband. How can you know when the experts don't know? They keep finding out new things about COVID and the vaccines. And everybody doesn't have the same system..our bodies are different. Our health issues and medications are not all the same. The stories keep changing and we hear about "experts" disagreeing on what's best. They didn't warn about breakthrough infections and they didn't warn about people dying after getting vaccinated...but those things happened.

Next..I don't feel the OP is spreading propaganda. Unless I've misread the post...Ladybj didn't tell people not to get the vaccine.I feel she was simply stating her concerns and wondering if the vaccine could be the cause, particularly since her husband's tests were normal last time. My interpretation is that she's saying she is going to do her own research before jumping into taking the vaccine. IMO that's reasonable. More people should follow suit.

@Ladybj I'm sorry this is happening to your husband. Hopefully the doctors will be able to treat him to get his readings back to normal.

First of all, you can't say the vaccine isn't the cause of what's going on with her husband. How can you know when the experts don't know? They keep finding out new things about COVID and the vaccines. And everybody doesn't have the same system..our bodies are different. Our health issues and medications are not all the same. The stories keep changing and we hear about "experts" disagreeing on what's best. They didn't warn about breakthrough infections and they didn't warn about people dying after getting vaccinated...but those things happened.

Next..I don't feel the OP is spreading propaganda. Unless I've misread the post...Ladybj didn't tell people not to get the vaccine.I feel she was simply stating her concerns and wondering if the vaccine could be the cause, particularly since her husband's tests were normal last time. My interpretation is that she's saying she is going to do her own research before jumping into taking the vaccine. IMO that's reasonable. More people should follow suit.

@Ladybj I'm sorry this is happening to your husband. Hopefully the doctors will be able to treat him to get his readings back to normal.

You say: " First of all, you can't say the vaccine isn't the cause of what's going on with her husband. How can you know when the experts don't know?"

You have answered your own question: the same is true also you cannot say or suggest the vaccine is the cause of anything!! The sensible way to go is to be "neutral" and wait for the doctor and his/her opinion and test.
Making assumptions especially where the pandemic is concerned is not of value.

Sadly, if it is due to the vaccine...we will never know. But again, could be something totally unrelated.
Even if you had it in writing by your Dr that the vaccine was the cause and you posted a picture of the proof, there are some here with closed minds that would never believe it. 😥

No matter the reason I hope a treatment to help your husband is found soon. 🌹

High monocyte-platelet is actually not very unusual following a regular flu shot. The flu vaccine can cause inflammation and that causes the monocytes and platelets to interact. Though the flu vaccine is not the same thing, your husband could be having a similar reaction. But that doesn't mean he's in danger. Your husband's doctor would have been alerted if the lab saw something that needed immediate attention, and you'd have probably gotten a phone call.

I'm sure your husband will be fine. You should relax and he should take it easy for a few days. Probably the last thing he needs is to fret about it, right?

Back