I am melting like the wicked witch, new meds

Blessed

The orthopedist put me on a new muscle relaxer tizanidine along with meloxicam for the pinched nerves in my neck. I could just cry, the pain is gone right now, not a tight muscle in my head, jaws, neck, shoulders or arms. I have have suffered for so long and finally have some relief. I just can't understand why my GP or Neurologist never gave me this. They gave me muscle relaxers, flexaril, but it did not make a difference. This new one is amazing, who knew? Something that relieves the pain but is not an opoid. I am just in shock.

Wow, I'm happy for you that they found something to help your pain. I know what it's like to have pinched nerves. I've had them too. I got a nerve block for mine some years ago and it got better. I still do have a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders. I'm going to ask my doctor to prescribe me that tizanidine. I have robaxin but it doesn't help and just makes me dopey.

The orthopedist put me on a new muscle relaxer tizanidine along with meloxicam for the pinched nerves in my neck. I could just cry, the pain is gone right now, not a tight muscle in my head, jaws, neck, shoulders or arms. I have have suffered for so long and finally have some relief. I just can't understand why my GP or Neurologist never gave me this. They gave me muscle relaxers, flexaril, but it did not make a difference. This new one is amazing, who knew? Something that relieves the pain but is not an opoid. I am just in shock.
Glad you are getting some relief. Along with the medications you might use a warm compress and some gentle neck stretches for further relief. Flexeril never helped me at all, not even a little bit. Neither did Baclofen, which Kaiser made a big deal of, terminating my prescription when I turned 65, stating that they were 'concerned' about my supposed elevated of falling. I called the pharmacy and told them to go ahead and take away the Baclofen, as it didn't work anyway. So now when all else fails and I'm desperate, I'll take Tylenol, which also doesn't work...at all.

Wish they could make such for all, just block pain, no high. I'd be thrilled.

I'm glad you have been given something which is working at last, but have you tried magnesium? It is a muscle relaxant but a natural product, not a drug. There is a lotion which relaxes muscles and promotes natural sleep, much healthier than taking sleeping pills.

I'm glad you have been given something which is working at last, but have you tried magnesium? It is a muscle relaxant but a natural product, not a drug. There is a lotion which relaxes muscles and promotes natural sleep, much healthier than taking sleeping pills.
Yes, I have tried to but found it did not help. I have tried so many things over the last 10 years both natural and prescription. That is why I am so stunned this helps. It may well keep me from having to get injections in my neck. I am still waiting for them to get my physical therapy up.

Thank you for this recommendation Blessed, I'm in constant pain and it's already almost ruined my life!
Just a warning, it does give you horrible dry mouth. I can live with that, the pain I just can't any longer. I do not know what physical pain/challenge you have and if this drug would be appropriate but I would certainly ask. I wish I knew it sooner, I would have talked to the doctor about it.

Glad you are getting some relief. Along with the medications you might use a warm compress and some gentle neck stretches for further relief. Flexeril never helped me at all, not even a little bit. Neither did Baclofen, which Kaiser made a big deal of, terminating my prescription when I turned 65, stating that they were 'concerned' about my supposed elevated of falling. I called the pharmacy and told them to go ahead and take away the Baclofen, as it didn't work anyway. So now when all else fails and I'm desperate, I'll take Tylenol, which also doesn't work...at all.

Yes, I had already been through the flexaril and baclofen which offered no releif. Been through lyrica, gabapentin, cymbalta, and topomax, also did not help. Yes, I do use heat and ice on my neck, shoulders and head (migraines). I started the stretching when I first had the problem, I try to keep loose. It has just been so exhausting, the pain, trying to control the symptoms. For the first time, I have hope!!

Back