I am sorry to the viewers on this senior site

mark55

I am sorry to the viewers on this senior site, and thank you for your service, to all the officers, and first responders, thank you. I get out there sometimes, I wish ya'll, would consider, the things , I would do, might be different than what you would do,.

@mark55 what do you like to do that may be different? We are all individuals with different ways, ideas, thoughts and things we like to do.
That is what makes us unique. As long as we don't consciously hurt others or animals or any living being we live our lives as best we can. I was just a little bit confused by your Post. Do not want to offend just wasn't sure what you were alluding to☺ ☺

I am sorry to the viewers on this senior site, and thank you for your service, to all the officers, and first responders, thank you. I get out there sometimes, I wish ya'll, would consider, the things , I would do, might be different than what you would do,.
Thank you for this post, Mark. Life during Corona is not easy, nerves fray. Respect you for standing accountable.

I'm a Canadian & we don't have that problem here. My brother died at the end of September. When the RCMP (police) came, the 1st thing they asked my still living brother is if there are any firearms around? My brother didn't know. Guess my dead brother had a firearm but, of course, it was registered & when they police came they wanted it. Yes, there are some illegal firearms around here but that has mostly to do with the illegal drug trade. In a small town I never heard of anyone getting shot.

I'm a Canadian & we don't have that problem here. My brother died at the end of September. When the RCMP (police) came, the 1st thing they asked my still living brother is if there are any firearms around? My brother didn't know. Guess my dead brother had a firearm but, of course, it was registered & when they police came they wanted it. Yes, there are some illegal firearms around here but that has mostly to do with the illegal drug trade. In a small town I never heard of anyone getting shot.
I am not saying that we here in the U.S. could never get to that point where most of us didn’t own a weapon, but with having and living by the 2nd Amendment for almost 250 years, it wouldn’t happen overnight. For example; if my weapon was taken away, I would feel like something wasn’t right. I seldom leave my home without my weapon.

P
Please, just don’t ever fire your gun in the air as a warning, especially if you live near other homes. It’s best to keep in mind that what goes up, will come down.

I am not saying that we here in the U.S. could never get to that point where most of us didn’t own a weapon, but with having and living by the 2nd Amendment for almost 250 years, it wouldn’t happen overnight. For example; if my weapon was taken away, I would feel like something wasn’t right. I seldom leave my home without my weapon.
As an outsider looking in, it really must be bad in the USofA, that people feel the need to always have a gun on them at all times.

As an outsider looking in, it really must be bad in the USofA, that people feel the need to always have a gun on them at all times.
There have been guns in my household from the day I was born. My father and my brother would go hunting. From being in the military, most of my family have pistols of some sort. Over time, most have a permit to carry. The current concerns are that the police and state authorities have not put a stop to rioting and looting. That should be a big red flag to the state governors and mayors.... but it has not. Life in my state is relatively quiet. In my hometown.... no shots are ever fired. Shooting inside city limits is against the law. All of my neighbors have guns (plural). I only have one. No one goes around shooting people here.... that is reserved for gangs and drug dealers in the cities.... like Chicago, with no gun zones. The good people don't have guns... the bad people, the drug dealers, murders, and gangs have guns. The good people are sitting ducks. I think America has learned from Chicago's ban on guns.

I will give up my gun when the government takes the guns away from criminals. My gun is to protect my household from criminals coming in.... nothing else.

Everyone does not feel that need. It is simply a tradition and an entitlement that many are not willing to give up. The only state you NEED, really NEED a firearm is ALASKA. Cause there are things there that will kill you besides people.

We have never had a firearm. Never will. As a trained marine, even though old and fat, he knows how to use a knife. I, as a woman, can swing a mean cooking pan if necessary. I think Americans are an odd bunch of people who agree on one thing. If you mess with us, We will mess you up. It’s an engrained genetic trait.😂

Well, @mark55, confession is good for the soul as are apologies. You can share the problem or just feel relief from sharing the confession/apology. We are a curious bunch, a somewhat helpful bunch, and a sometimes critical bunch, in other words human. Do as you want, no pressure

Not sure why the topic of guns came up, but it happens.

We have a saying in the state police that goes like this. “When the shooting starts, I don’t want to be the one standing there with just my
d_ _k in my hand.” You can fill in the 2 blank letters.

I apologize to the ladies for the vulgar word. I just think it’s kind of funny, but true. Please remove post, if I violated the TOS as I know you will.

What are you sorry for? I didn't know this was a Spanish site/discussion. But, just in case, there are some of us that are very appreciative of all the first responders, hospital staff, nurses and doctors and so forth!

Aunt Marg, things are indeed bad in the USA right now, but it sounds like you believe that everyone here is walking around with a gun and we are all shooting at each other. Obviously, that is not true. Only 30% of Americans own guns, way too many IMO, but still far from the majority. 17% of women own them. And even among Republicans, only 45% are gun owners.

@mark55 . If you want to let us know what you are alluding to, you may actually find answers here or support. The problem I have is that I'm not clear about what you want to express.
He's referring to his post in a previous thread about the couple in Missouri who pointed guns at protesters walking by. He posted:
"if I was in their spot at the same time all of this was going on, I would have fired my gun a few times warning shots."

Back