I am the well spouse;
aware of his needs
while minding those
of my own.

Plans for tomorrow
are always ever-changing.
We concentrate on
today’s Aim Only ...

@charry , sorry to see your husband has been stricken. One of my oldest friends just had a stroke end of June. She is far, tho' and doing well I'm told. Her husband is there for her.

Your poem said it all. You must care deeply for each other. I wish you both continued strength and progress. 🌻

Oh I'm so sorry Charry, I take from your lovely poem that you're both coping as best as you can!! May I ask how old he was when he had his stroke...?

we cope as best as we can, we have no support, its just been us.....
but we manage holly.....

he was 69, when he had his stroke, he just bent to pick up a spoon, and bang , blood clot burst in his brain, leaving him paralysed down his left side, and lots of other inner ailments.......

hes an architect holly, and had just finished building our ideal property, but we had to move, as it wasnt suitable for us after his stroke !!

@charry , sorry to see your husband has been stricken. One of my oldest friends just had a stroke end of June. She is far, tho' and doing well I'm told. Her husband is there for her.

Your poem said it all. You must care deeply for each other. I wish you both continued strength and progress. 🌻

thankyou rose, ..yes hes my soul mate , a lovely man, i will look after him always,

we take each day at a time, but sometimes its very hard, seeing him in so much pain, and sadness...

we cope as best as we can, we have no support, its just been us.....
but we manage holly.....

he was 69, when he had his stroke, he just bent to pick up a spoon, and bang , blood clot burst in his brain, leaving him paralysed down his left side, and lots of other inner ailments.......

hes an architect holly, and had just finished building our ideal property, but we had to move, as it wasnt suitable for us after his stroke !!
OMG Charry, that was so sudden, and so tragic to happen when it did, how strong you both must be to have gone through all of this, and having to move home immediately your dream home was built too... .I understand your deep love for him, but having no help either outside of the family must be very hard on you both and seeing the man you love in pain and frustrated at the things he can no loner do, must be heartbreaking .. I wish you everything you wish for yourself Charry and hubs... 😘

Back