I am trying Alli diet aide. Anyone know anything about it?

fancicoffee13

I have no health problems so I am trying this aide because I have gained about 30 pounds over the last few months. I have no danger of diabetes, so I am ready to do the diet thing again. I do this often. I recently turned 70 and don't want to ever be too big around the gut area, which I am right now. That is my main problem, not being able to keep my gut down to not being too big therel Pants are tight, can't bend over easily, etc.

I’ve never heard of this stuff but it says it works by “decreasing the amount of dietary fat absorbed in your intestines”. I think fats are OK and the problem are really carbs & sugar. They go on to say best results were achieved by “following a calorie-restricted diet and increasing physical activity”. I think you would be better off with the fats (don’t take the Alli) and follow their other advice.

They are kind of saying you only achieve results if you include a calorie-restricted diet and increasing physical activity. Makes me wonder if the product even does anything by itself? Maybe it works through the placebo effect?

Just my take on it.

Edit: When I say fats are good for you I mean healthy fats!

Last edited:
It is likened to Xenical, which I was put on a good many years ago, due to a fatty liver. Due to excessive
diarrhea (I won't go into the other side effects). You may not want to go out when you take a dose, and
will want to be close to a toilet.

I cut out all oils and fats from my diet. Because of the side effects, I took it 1-3 days apart. I lost a lot of weight over a few months. However, once off it, I slowly gained back the weight.

Alli may (or may not) work similarly.

Last edited:
They are kind of saying you only achieve results if you include a calorie-restricted diet and increasing physical activity. Makes me wonder if the product even does anything by itself? Maybe it works through the placebo effect?

Just my take on it.
Those are the 2 key actions for a successful weight loss effort. For seniors I would emphasize restricting calories, as "burning off" calories with high physical exertion can be hard on the joints, or problematic for other conditions.

I’ve never heard of this stuff but it says it works by “decreasing the amount of dietary fat absorbed in your intestines”. I think fats are OK and the problem are really carbs & sugar. They go on to say best results were achieved by “following a calorie-restricted diet and increasing physical activity”. I think you would be better off with the fats (don’t take the Alli) and follow their other advice.

Just my take on it.
Well, I already bought it. I was looking for something else, they didn't have it so I bought Alli. I normally look into stuff before I buy it. Thanks for the input, though. I agree with what you are saying.

It is likened to Xenical, which I was put on a good many years ago, due to a fatty liver. Due to excessive
diarrhea (I won't go into the other side effects). You may not want to go out when you take a dose, and

I cut out all oils and fats from my diet. Because of the side effects, I took it 1-3 days apart. I lost a lot of weight over a few months. However, once off it, I slowly gained back the weight.

Sounds like I want my money back, since I haven't opened and taken any pills. I usually go on WW Purple plan.

Since it works by preventing fat from being absorbed (like Xenical), I wouldn't risk it.
You may end up spending a fortune replacing your clothes, bed, car seat & furniture.

I agree with you, and returned it. I am going back on WW Purple plan, it works for me. Thank you

Back