I believe I'll be a pescetarian

A question for those of you who have already gone meatless. Do you get cravings in the beginning much like abstaining from tobacco or alcohol?

And if so, what do you do about it?

I've never had cravings for meat, even when I first stopped eating it, on the contrary, I found the smell rather unpleasant. But then, I lived in a place on the west coast where there were many nice places/restaurants to get incredibly delicious vegetarian meals.

I've never had cravings for meat, even when I first stopped eating it, on the contrary, I found the smell rather unpleasant. But then, I lived in a place on the west coast where there were many nice places/restaurants to get incredibly delicious vegetarian meals.

Cookie, I have been experimenting with meatless meals. I started out with adding just a little meat or chicken to the dish and am finding now that I really don't need it. But last tests showed slight anemia. Maybe meat just a few times a week?

Redd, I take a multivitamin that includes iron and make sure to eat my rice and beans together to create a complete protein. I also eat eggs once in a while.

I haven't cut sugar out of my diet completely, nor have I stopped eating white food. Occasionally I'll bake with sugar and white flour and don't have a problem with that or eating a cookie or ice cream now and then. I find I eat and crave less sugar and white stuff when I'm not too strict about it.

You know I get so darned confused basically because I'm not a scientist. People kept telling me that if the vitamins are synthetic you just poop them out without any benefit.

You know I get so darned confused basically because I'm not a scientist. People kept telling me that if the vitamins are synthetic you just poop them out without any benefit.

I take a calcium/D/magnesium pill but I'm still doubtful that pills can make up for a diet that doesn't have everything you need. Some studies even say they are harmful and some say they are just a waste of money.

I take a calcium/D/magnesium pill but I'm still doubtful that pills can make up for a diet that doesn't have everything you need. Some studies even say they are harmful and some say they are just a waste of money.
See what I mean it's confusing. AND I also heard they don't actually HAVE to contain what you think they do maybe only a teeny percentage. It's very confusing

The things I regularly take Vitamin D3, Calcium/Magnesium, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, B12-B6, and a multi-vitamin, all natural source products. I don't have any fear that they don't contain what they say on the label, and just don't worry about it. Its not expensive and I don't feel they are risky in any way, and I feel better when I'm taking them.

I had no idea. Thank you for the education. I've bought my last tuna steak

:DI'm sure the tuna will be thrilled! But seriously, the food situation is changing all over the world and I think the world with all our people are going to have to rethink a lot of things including food. Not that we in the west are likely to start eating whales, but I heard some science/nature show say that if whales are hunted to extinction, the balance of the oceans is threatened as well as the whole world ecosystem! It's really very interesting as well as serious.

One whale eats 40,000 krill a day. Imagine how those would overpopulate the oceans if whales are gone and the effect that has on their prey (not sure what is smaller than a krill). So burgeoning problems with overpopulation of other species that whales keep in check.

Then there's the whale poop which feeds/fertilizes phytoplankton's which lock in carbon that they extract from the air (400,000,000 tonnes per year) and in turn feed other species. I never had the vaguest notion that whale poop could be an issue in connection with global warming! All the most incredible balance isn't it?

We have a wonderful tv program called The Nature of Things and it is all about the most amazing sciencey kind of stories and issues. Last week it was all about how some peoples brains might just be hardwired to be criminals. I think the title was something like 'My Brain Made Me Do It'. Sort of goes along with the same idea put forth in an article that I read last week that says anxious peoples brains are 'wired' in such a way that they have little choice about being anxious. It's 'made that way' so we perceive things in a completely different way than 'average/normal' people do. That's a really interesting article to read if you know someone who's plagued by anxiety and depression I think.

http://www.whalefacts.org/why-are-whales-important/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ir=Canada&section=ca_canada&utm_hp_ref=canada

Debbie that's pretty scary when you think of the parts of the world where they will not stop killing endangered species no matter what. I saw a small clip of that brain show I think & then I missed the show. Thanks :)

Back