I find some songs reflects my life. Have you got any songs that go down memory lane?😀

This reflects my life: the knowledge that I can't always get what I want but if I try sometime I just might find I get what I need.

eta--Mick wearing lipstick! Now that's funny!

Last edited:
Life is all about imagining the things we lost on the way😊
For some, while i am blessed/cursed with an excellent memory i'm not much prone to 'nostalgia'...or regrets---i know that everything i've experienced in this life has led me to where and who i am now. While there are people i miss (Both parents and two of my sisters are deceased as well DH's #1 & #2, and a handful of friends from my youth that i know about--who knows how many i don't know about), i would not go back and change anything.

The only thing that gets me in a semi nostalgic mood is when a song triggers a memory (for good or ill) or online when questions like this are asked.

There’s a song by Kelly Clarkson called Break Away. It absolutely epitomized my life after I left my abusive ex of 30+ years. It made my heart soar then, and still does to this day!
Here is a portion of the lyrics that spoke to me on a visceral, profound level.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway

Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway

Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da-da-da

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway

I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And breakaway

I won't forget all the ones that I love
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway

For some, while i am blessed/cursed with an excellent memory i'm not much prone to 'nostalgia'...or regrets---i know that everything i've experienced in this life has led me to where and who i am now. While there are people i miss (Both parents and two of my sisters are deceased as well DH's #1 & #2, and a handful of friends from my youth that i know about--who knows how many i don't know about), i would not go back and change anything.

The only thing that gets me in a semi nostalgic mood is when a song triggers a memory (for good or ill) or online when questions like this are asked.

“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” Buddha

There’s a song by Kelly Clarkson called Break Away. It absolutely epitomized my life after I left my abusive ex of 30+ years. It made my heart soar then, and still does to this day!
Here is a portion of the lyrics that spoke to me on a visceral, profound level.

I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky
And breakaway

But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway

Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da
Da-da-da, un, da-da-da-da

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway

I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And breakaway

I won't forget all the ones that I love
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway

I am sorry to hear what happened in the past. But now I am happy to hear you moved on. Past is for us to learn lessons.

It is a great song.

That is what makes the life exciting, because if you can get everything what you want then life is not exciting.😊
I could've done without the 'excitement'; I created enough on my own!
Am moved to mention, as someone who has had a very full, exciting and interesting life, that i often think 'excitement' is overrated. But i'm someone who is rarely bored--generally only in unproductive staff meetings before i retired. i don't need 'excitement' to feel alive (some need it to feel anything). But to each their own.

i'm always open to the joys of awe and wonder, usually inspired by nature. i suppose some may see that as 'excitement' but i don't because physiologically as well as psychologically it 'feels' different than the excitement of 'new love', getting needed employment, receiving awards etc.

Last edited:
Since you're asking (you may have ignited a one night nostalgia binge--my last one about 6 yrs ago), @hollydolly there have been many over the years. Generally due to lyrics, tho some i loved because they were so easy/fun to dance to (Most any Sly and the Family Stone usual had meaningful lyrics and were danceable).
Buffy St. Marie's 'Love Lifts Us Up' and Dolly Parton singing 'Put a Little Love in Your Heart' have always spoke of my attempts to honor the love in my life and give as much of it as i could. There is more to it than just romance--platonic, familial, romantic and agape are all forms of love.

Recently Kelly Clarkson covered and the ABBA song 'Dancing Queen' in very different tempo and the weird thing was even when i danced to the original back in the day, for me it always kind had the melancholy feel of this version.

Back