I got caught today without meaning to (braless)

AprilSun

Well, after all of these years, I caught today. For many decades, I have quit wearing a bra at home unless I have visitors coming. Today, my daughter was supposed to drop off something that she had purchased for me so I was sitting around here without my bra waiting for her. The doorbell rings and I thought it was my daughter but it's my son-in-law instead of her and of course I didn't have time to jerk one on. I went ahead and let him in but walked very softly. My shirt was loose fitting so between that and the fact of how old and saggy they are, hopefully, he didn't even notice. Have you ever got caught with something similar? :)

I get caught by the postman all the time. I will not wear a bra at home unless I'm expecting someone. When our friends drop by unexpectedly, my husband anwers the door and I run in the bedroom to quickly put on my bra.

If we win the lottery I'm buying some perkiness that requires no bra at all. ;)

Huh. I didn't know this was *a thing*.

I'm sure I don't only speak for myself when I say, bra-less is A-ok with us. Seriously. And age and condition don't matter.

I only use one of those stretchy bra things you you pull over your head ..when I'm home ...then tuck all the wobbly things in :laugh::laugh: I even wear them when I go walking .They are a cheap version of a sports bra ,when it's hot they are so much more comfortable than restricted bra's ......oh we live in a small country area ....:)

I rarely wear bras since I stopped working, and even then I started just wearing sports bras, so much more comfortable. I do wear the sports bra if I'm out and about or expecting company, but it's really not a big deal if I'm braless now and then if a friend or neighbor stops by. Never saw anyone who really noticed. When I was younger I often wore halter tops and tank tops without a bra, unless it's a light colored or thin shirt, I really don't think about it.

I have been caught, with unexpected knock at the door, tooth less vs bra less. So embarrassing, standing there like a shy Oriental
maiden, with my hand over my mouth... asiancoveringmouth.jpg

I never wear one at home unless I'm expecting company. Never wore one when vacationing at male friend's home either (not after the first weekend, anyway).

I have gotten caught occasionally by a maintenance man here; if I know one's coming I put on a bra, but occasionally I see one in the laundry room (always handy to hold the laundry basket or an armful of towels up front!). The other day I was so stressed out I opened my door to see what the noise was in the hallway, and met up with one of the maintenance men -- realized I was still in my pajamas but at that point I thought, oh, who cares, I am old enough to at least be his mom if not grandmom and I don't exactly sleep in negligees anyway. T-shirt and nice thick kitty-cat pajama pants.

I love seeing the consensus from women on the forum. I thought I was the only one who hated wearing a bra. To me that's the biggest and worst difference between a work day and a day off! The older I get the less I care who sees me. I doubt it's any great sight and it's doesn't matter it they think I'm __________ fill-in-the-blank.

BTW whatever happened to the bra burners of the 70's?

I never wear one at home unless I'm expecting company. Never wore one when vacationing at male friend's home either (not after the first weekend, anyway).

I have gotten caught occasionally by a maintenance man here; if I know one's coming I put on a bra, but occasionally I see one in the laundry room (always handy to hold the laundry basket or an armful of towels up front!). The other day I was so stressed out I opened my door to see what the noise was in the hallway, and met up with one of the maintenance men -- realized I was still in my pajamas but at that point I thought, oh, who cares, I am old enough to at least be his mom if not grandmom and I don't exactly sleep in negligees anyway. T-shirt and nice thick kitty-cat pajama pants.
I wouldn't worry about being in your Pj's I see people in the shops in their PJ's ...I really think that's a little weird going shopping in your PJ's and the women I seen the Pj's looked like they'd been slept in for 6 months :eek::eek:

I am so jealous...since maybe twenty years old, a full C which went to full D after babies...possibly past that now. No it's not frickin sexy in the least. If I could have them reduced to a B...yep, I'd be proud. Underwire around the clock to handle the weight.

I love seeing the consensus from women on the forum. I thought I was the only one who hated wearing a bra. To me that's the biggest and worst difference between a work day and a day off! The older I get the less I care who sees me. I doubt it's any great sight and it's doesn't matter it they think I'm __________ fill-in-the-blank.

BTW whatever happened to the bra burners of the 70's?

The bra burners were still perky, not hanging down trying to reach your waist!

The bra burners were still perky, not hanging down trying to reach your waist!

So, it was easy to publicly chant "No more bras" when their breasts were perky, when they were girls. But now that they're women, they hide in their houses?

C'mon, ladies. Time to re-start the revolution.

So, it was easy to publicly chant "No more bras" when their breasts were perky, when they were girls. But now that they're women, they hide in their houses?

C'mon, ladies. Time to re-start the revolution.

When your boobs are very saggy and big it looks horrible. Tops and blouses don't fit right unless you are wearing some massively large and loose top. Certainly couldn't go without at the gym in my stretchy workout tops, besides which I'd hurt myself horribly. :playful:

I gave birth at 19 and those 34B perky things have never been the same since. Last time a bra was so comfortable that I didn't even take it off at home was in my early 40's when I was 120 lbs. I bought a stretchy, front closing bra that was very, very comfortable.

Back