I got lost at 'meaningful' and 'specific'

hollydolly

SF VIP

Nemo2

I hope you will start some threads to tell us about your trips! Impressive travel experience indeed. I also hope you enjoy SF as much as I do. BTW trains are my preferred mode of travel if I can't go by car.

View attachment 251963
Ha....be careful what you ask for, it likely won't be long before you're saying "Does he ever shut up?".

Travel....biggest trip started around January 1963......left Oz, (where I lived at the time), went east across the Pacific by passenger ship.....worked in London for a few months, hooked up with a couple guys from Melbourne with a 1939 right hand drive Ford and headed back overland.

One guy took the car in Greece and headed down to South Africa......the other guy and I continued east.....hitchhiking ('autostop' I think the Germans and others called it back then)......got detained at gunpoint in Basra, Iraq, spent my 21st birthday in Colombo, (Ceylon, now Sri Lanka)

Picked up a 'black market' ship ticket in Colombo, (there were about 20 of us at that time...from all over...Sri Lanka being an island and a temporary halting point....), thence Singapore....flight to Darwin.......hitched to Melbourne.

hollydolly

SF VIP
Ha....be careful what you ask for, it likely won't be long before you're saying "Does he ever shut up?".

Travel....biggest trip started around January 1963......left Oz, (where I lived at the time), went east across the Pacific by passenger ship.....worked in London for a few months, hooked up with a couple guys from Melbourne with a 1939 right hand drive Ford and headed back overland.

One guy took the car in Greece and headed down to South Africa......the other guy and I continued east.....hitchhiking ('autostop' I think the Germans and others called it back then)......got detained at gunpoint in Basra, Iraq, spent my 21st birthday in Colombo, (Ceylon, now Sri Lanka)

Picked up a 'black market' ship ticket in Colombo, (there were about 20 of us at that time...from all over...Sri Lanka being an island and a temporary halting point....), thence Singapore....flight to Darwin.......hitched to Melbourne.

Quite a varied life.. whereabouts did you work in London?

Nemo2