I have stopped getting notifications

Please read this thread for possible solutions. Google blocked some of our emails recently.

Several years ago, when a member couldn't receive our emails, I would contact their ISP to have the block removed. They all responded quickly. But in the past few years they don't seem to care any more, I have stopped tracking which ISPs were blocking us.

I've been very careful with email delivery since the beginning, but many ISPs become increasingly aggressive to block emails, and the worst part is they don't care to fix things.

Please understand that if our server IP was blocked, it doesn't mean I did something wrong, having a server IP blocked is very easy, here are several scenarios:

- the server IP was used by spammers 10 years ago.
- some members marked our emails as spam, either by accident or didn't bother to unsubscribe from the notification emails.
- A notification email for a reply contains suspicious content.
etc...etc..

To cope with the situation, I finally stopped email verification on new registrations last week, and don't plan to turn it on in the future. Many new members couldn't receive verification emails, it must be quite frustrating for them. Unfortunately it's also a welcome change for future spammers, it makes spam a lot more easier.

Please read this thread for possible solutions. Google blocked some of our emails recently.

Several years ago, when a member couldn't receive our emails, I would contact their ISP to have the block removed. They all responded quickly. But in the past few years they don't seem to care any more, I have stopped tracking which ISPs were blocking us.

I've been very careful with email delivery since the beginning, but many ISPs become increasingly aggressive to block emails, and the worst part is they don't care to fix things.

Please understand that if our server IP was blocked, it doesn't mean I did something wrong, having a server IP blocked is very easy, here are several scenarios:

- the server IP was used by spammers 10 years ago.
- some members marked our emails as spam, either by accident or didn't bother to unsubscribe from the notification emails.
- A notification email for a reply contains suspicious content.
etc...etc..

To cope with the situation, I finally stopped email verification on new registrations last week, and don't plan to turn it on in the future. Many new members couldn't receive verification emails, it must be quite frustrating for them. Unfortunately it's also a welcome change for future spammers, it makes spam a lot more easier.
Thank you for the explanation.

Back