I just realized my garage door opener has no wall control

It's a Craftsman. I've been using the car visor to open and close the door, but sometimes I'm not going to use the car, I just want to open the door. There is a wall control unit with two buttons. They say LIGHTS and LOCK, so I assume they do not control the door, at least by clicking either, the door doesn't move. Also, the lights don't go on when the door operates or when I click the LIGHT on the wall control. The only thing that turns on the light is wall switch in the house.

craftsman1.jpgcraftsman2.jpg

I had a similar problem. My brother fixed it. There may be a kind of internal locking mechanism on the garage door, that you have to disengage.

I would just call the company. I am sure they can tell you.

I tried pressing the wall control buttons in every combination. Nothing raises the door or turns on the light.

No, my brother had to climb up on the ceiling and physically move a lever that was preventing the functioning of the door opener. I don't remember what he did exactly. But, like I said, if you call the company, I bet they can resolve your issue in a couple of minutes.

I called a local overhead door repair company that did work for me at the old house just before the pandemic started. I get a recorded message to the effect that they aren't doing any work until the pandemic is over. Who can say when that will be? I guess I'll have to widen my search. The trouble with living in the boondocks is there are limited options and if I have to go far afield to find a contractor, they have stiff charges for travel time.

I just reread this topic again. Did you push on the "tan" area at the top of the opener?? The light and lock buttons, near the bottom, do not control the door. There is a "contact" switch in the upper part of the opener, by the little green light, that should operate the opener.

This might help

Garage Door Opener Doesn't Work: Wall Control Troubleshooting​

Back