I keep checking to see if anybody has

GeorgiaXplant

started posting favorite holiday recipes...Canadian Thanksgiving is tomorrow, US is November 25, then we're full on Christmas season to include New Year's Eve.

It's not like we'll change our own traditional menus here, but I enjoy reading others' recipes and every now and then find one to try...especially for using up the leftovers.

I like to make cranberry relish with fresh cranberries, oranges, orange peel, honey, and a bit of ginger. I just make everything to taste, so I don't have an actual recipe.
I discovered a recipe for brandied cranberries a few years ago. It was and is a big hit...cranberries for people who love them and for people who hate them. It's one of those things that can be made days (even weeks) before, and when I make them, I have to make sure that DSIL doesn't know or he'd eat the whole batch. There are never any left over; he makes sure of that.

The recipe is posted somewhere on the Recipe thread. I guess search for Brandied Cranberries.

I like to make cranberry relish with fresh cranberries, oranges, orange peel, honey, and a bit of ginger. I just make everything to taste, so I don't have an actual recipe.
We used to make something similar using the old silver meat grinder that clamped to the kitchen table. I love the holiday smell of the oil in the orange peel.

Back