I like watching Forensic/true crime shows. Do you?

Marie5656

My husband used to always think I was nuts for liking them. Oh well. What I like is the forensics, and background. To see how the police solve the crimes, and a bit about what motivates the criminals.
Newer show is In Justice with Nancy Grace. It is on the Investigative Discovery (ID) channel. I could watch that channel all day. I just watched an episode of the Nancy Grace show where, yet again, the killer is caught because he talked about the crime (usually murder) to a cellmate while in jail for something else. Then the cellmate turned snitch, of course. When are criminals going to figure out that the LAST person you should confess to is another criminal. Darn.

But I love the shows.

I used to binge watch them but after months of that became so scared I'd wake up to a killer standing over me. So now I just watch them every now and then. I did love to see how they caught the predators!

Last week I watched the show about the Manson Women. Interviews with a few of them now. It was Squeaky Fromme (The one who attempted to shoot Pres. Ford) and some others whos names I did not know. Most had pretty much moved on with their lives, but a couple still seemed to be hooked on Manson.

Yes!

I'm not much on the gore but I enjoy a good mystery and understanding how it was eventually solved.

Many years ago a NYS BCI investigator told me that most crimes are solved because people can't keep their mouth shut and eventually talk about the crime to brag or express remorse.

I saw Linda Kasabian speak on how she was ready and healthy enough to be paroled. It was denied again.

edit- oops, no it wasn't Kasabian. I can't recall now if it was Leslie Van Houton.
Yes, it was Leslie Van Houton. Ms. Kasabian drove the killers there but was granted immunity in exchange for testifying against them.
By the way, the Parole Board granted Van Houton parole but the Governor overruled it.
https://ktla.com/2019/06/03/gov-newsom-denies-parole-for-manson-follower-leslie-van-houten/
The Parole Board is under pressure to release inmates when they get older (regardless of how heinous their crimes were) to save money because their medical costs go up as they age. Of course, they don't give that as a reason; they use the old "No longer a danger to society."

Yes, I also like those shows. I find it interesting how the tiniest piece of evidence can solve a crime.
It is sometimes frustrating - especially when 20 years or more can go by before a murderer is charged.

Sometimes I do like true crime documentaries. These days I try to stay on the light side.
That’s how I feel also. I used to watch them but now I find them a bit too dark and disturbing. It’s certainly interesting but I try to watch things that aren’t so sinister. My life deserves more brighter moments so now I watch lots of sappy harlequin romance movies which my husband can’t stand 😂😇

My husband used to always think I was nuts for liking them. Oh well. What I like is the forensics, and background. To see how the police solve the crimes, and a bit about what motivates the criminals.
Newer show is In Justice with Nancy Grace. It is on the Investigative Discovery (ID) channel. I could watch that channel all day. I just watched an episode of the Nancy Grace show where, yet again, the killer is caught because he talked about the crime (usually murder) to a cellmate while in jail for something else. Then the cellmate turned snitch, of course. When are criminals going to figure out that the LAST person you should confess to is another criminal. Darn.

But I love the shows. I like them too.

Never let that woman out of state prison - van houten -was she the youngest -but that cant be the reason ?
so pleased it was overruled -she ran with the evil pack -she made her choice .. good riddance'

Yes!

I'm not much on the gore but I enjoy a good mystery and understanding how it was eventually solved.

Many years ago a NYS BCI investigator told me that most crimes are solved because people can't keep their mouth shut and eventually talk about the crime to brag or express remorse.
So true! A state police detective told me the same thing.

I have read that because of all these shows, real life juries are coming in more informed, and expect more of prosecution and defense in trials. The shows also help us realize that not all crimes are cut and dried, and can be solved within an hour like on scripted TV shows.

I have read that because of all these shows, real life juries are coming in more informed, and expect more of prosecution and defense in trials. The shows also help us realize that not all crimes are cut and dried, and can be solved within an hour like on scripted TV shows.
Very true but criminals are more informed as well

Marie, have you ever watched the show "Autopsy" on Reelz? They autopsy famous people and tell about the last days and hours of their lives?

Some might find it disturbing, I guess. Found it very interesting. They did Elvis once and that was very eye opening.
Think they try to really walk the line and not sensationalize, at least on the episodes I've watched.

Back