I love college baseball, MLB suc*s

I love college baseball (CBB). I never was a fan of MLB. CBB has a clock, which speeds up the game. In CBB, batters walk up and get right into position, ready to bat. In MLB, batters hit their shoes with the bat, practice swing several times, step out of the box, re-arrange the jock, then whack the cleats again,, practice swing, re-arrange the jock.etc, etc, etc. Plus in CBB, the guys don't have beer bellies, and they can actually run the bases without having paramedics on staff. The average CBB game is less than 3 hours, MLB -4. They say the Kentucky Derby is the "fastest two minutes in sports". MLB is the slowest two minutes in sports.

College baseball has shortened the game times with using the clock to time the batter getting into the box and the pitcher beginning his motion to pitch. The clock is also used to time between half-innings. From the time of the last out is made until the batter and pitcher are ready, they are only allowed 120 seconds, unless there is a pitching change, an injury or if it’s a TV game, they are given extra time for commercials. They are also limited to the number of conferences (or time outs). If a catcher or an infielder goes to the mound to talk with the pitcher that counts as a conference or time out, as some people call it.

Technically, in baseball the words “time out” are not used. It’s just referred to as “Time.” Reason being is that there is no “game clock.” There is a clock used for timing the pitcher, batter and between half innings only.

I love college basketball too. BUT BASEBALL DOES NOT SUCK! It's America's Favorite Pastime! Always was, always will be. CBB will never equal Baseball.

The 2023 MLB season will introduce three new rule changes after they were approved by the joint competition committee this past October: a pitch timer, restrictions on defensive shifts and larger bases. The aforementioned rules are designed to improve the game's pace of play and increase action on the field.

I went to a Spring Training game this past weekend and I like the new changes. I do consider myself somewhat of a traditionalist but the past is the past and the game was getting way too tedious. I think there will be some new strategies involved.

As far as college baseball goes, I grew up when Arizona State was a national powerhouse and was really into it. However once MLB put a team here and Arizona State became also rans I lost interest but I can understand the allure of it. At one point up until about five years ago I preferred college football over the NFL so I can relate some to your feelings about college baseball.

Back