I Need a No News Day

hearlady

Ready for Spring!
I took today off to have a leisure day to prepare for seeing my granddaughters tomorrow. We are meeting about two hours from here.
I'm making it a No News Day.
It does cause underlying stress when bombarded with all the news lately.
Do you find you have to turn off the TV, the tablets, etc and tune out?

So, starting my day with a nice cup of coffee and a visit to Senior Forums.
Next is good ole bacon and eggs.
I am putting together a trick or treat game with easy costumes. In the hotel they can go to each of us and trick or treat for oranges made like Jack o lanterns with a sharply. Little bags of trail mix, gummies bears, cheese sticks in super hero packaging.
They are 3 and 1 1/2. Grandma can't wait!
We are helping to watch the kids while my D and SIL attend a wedding.

The world will still be here on Monday I assume and I do care about current events but I need a break from work and all the blah, blah, blah.

I belong to a Discussion Group at a Sr Center, & our topics often run to politically related.. Just yesterday we made a No Politics theme for the day & discussed our various travels, educational experiences, ethnic backgrounds & it was GREAT to have a break!

We've gone with no news weeks up to a month in the past with no news, radio reception, TV, phone or computer when out camping in the woods. Good to get all that repeated and sometimes meaningless chatter out of your head. Become one with nature, healthy for body and mind. :cool:

The grandkids will love your Halloween plans hearlady.

We all need a no news day sometimes. My husband used to watch the news every morning and evening and just about drove me nuts talking about it! He's finally gotten partially away from that and now reruns of Bonanza, Gunsmoke and Laramie get on my nerves. Not as bad as news though.

I do watch the news on TV occasionally and keep up with headlines on my tablet or computer. Enough is enough as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes I watch PBS world news to get a different slant on the news too. That's sort of interesting.

Here we go.... who's ready for spending a day or two here?

woman-relaxing-in-chair-with-cocktail-at-the-caribbean-beach.jpg

I quit watching the news on Oct 6 and felt so much better. Until the shooting on Sat. I watched the news and had terrible trouble sleeping. So now I'm back to no news for the foreseeable future.

Back