I need help with replies

Butterfly

Particularly in the thread about the mob beating the hijacker, I've at least twice screwed up my replies. Once, I posted a reply with only the original message in it -- my reply didn't register, and I wouldn't get rid of the screwed up reply.

The second time, I was trying to reply to a message and the original message appeared over and over, but still without my reply. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I can't get rid of mistakes. Please see page 4 at the bottom and you'll see the mess. I'd give you the message #s, but I can't find that on the new forum.

On the old thread, I could just hit "edit" and backspace over the whole mess and delete it, and then type "oops" or some such in the blank space and save that. But the new forum won't let me do that.

Help!

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Particularly in the thread about the mob beating the hijacker, I've at least twice screwed up my replies. Once, I posted a reply with only the original message in it -- my reply didn't register, and I wouldn't get rid of the screwed up reply.

The second time, I was trying to reply to a message and the original message appeared over and over, but still without my reply. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I can't get rid of mistakes. Please see page 4 at the bottom and you'll see the mess. I'd give you the message #s, but I can't find that on the new forum.

On the old thread, I could just hit "edit" and backspace over the whole mess and delete it, and then type "oops" or some such in the blank space and save that. But the new forum won't let me do that.

Help!
Just now I clicked on Reply under your message and got your quote. I deleted your post on page 4.

I think if you just put your mouse cursor at the beginning of your text in a post, you can click the delete button on your keyboard and delete the whole thing. Then you can re-write it, or just leave the word delete, then post reply.

I can't say I've tried to multi-quote with the new forum software yet, were you attempting to do that?

To find your recent post in threads, just click on your username and go to your profile page, then click on Postings. You will see your recent posts listed there, newest first, and you can click on them and go to the thread.

Last edited:

Camper6

Just now I clicked on Reply under your message and got your quote. I deleted your post on page 4.

I think if you just put your mouse cursor at the beginning of your text in a post, you can click the delete button on your keyboard and delete the whole thing. Then you can re-write it, or just leave the word delete, then post reply.

I can't say I've tried to multi-quote with the new forum software yet, were you attempting to do that?

To find your recent post in threads, just click on your username and go to your profile page, then click on Postings. You will see your recent posts listed there, newest first, and you can click on them and go to the thread.
I clicked on my user name and went to profile page. There is no Postings there. I was looking for something like that.

Camper6

You seem to have the same problem with @911: https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/delete-post.42435/

I don't know why you can't delete your input, the editing on the old and new forum is the same to me.
Remember. The poster said they were using an I Pad. Things are different with an I Pad.

I posted how to do it on an I Pad. You don't have a mouse on the I Pad to highlight the text. You have to do everything with your finger on a touch screen.

People using tablets and I Pads have to learn different methods than those using a regular windows computer and using a mouse.

So why do I use an I Pad? Because it's portable and it's fast and I can't take my tower to bed with me.

Anyway to delete a post that you haven't posted. . With a mouse, highlight the post, right click on the mouse and click on delete.

On an I Pad. Select and highlight the text.

Then hit the space bar on the typewriter. The post disappears.

Last edited:

Butterfly

Original Poster
Thanks. But in the old forum we had a minute or so to "edit" after we had posted a reply. I can't find the "edit" button in the new format. Where is it?

Seabreeze, I wasn't trying to multiquote. I was just trying to reply to one quote. I don't know how to use the multiquote. I don't know why all those repetitions of the post appeared, and I wasn't ready to post the reply, as I wasn't the first time it happened in that same thread.

I am using a PC.

I'm a bit frustrated with the new format. I will just be more careful and see if it happens again.

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I clicked on my user name and went to profile page. There is no Postings there. I was looking for something like that.
Camper, on your profile page you'll see Postings in the same strip as latest activity, profile posts, media, albums, and about. You may have to click on your username twice, if you only get a small box first.

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Thanks. But in the old forum we had a minute or so to "edit" after we had posted a reply. I can't find the "edit" button in the new format. Where is it?

Seabreeze, I wasn't trying to multiquote. I was just trying to reply to one quote. I don't know how to use the multiquote. I don't know why all those repetitions of the post appeared, and I wasn't ready to post the reply, as I wasn't the first time it happened in that same thread.

I am using a PC.

I'm a bit frustrated with the new format. I will just be more careful and see if it happens again.
The Edit link is on the left side under the post that you have entered as a reply. It's on the same strip as the Like link on the right or quote, reply.

Camper6

Camper, on your profile page you'll see Postings in the same strip as latest activity, profile posts, media, albums, and about. You may have to click on your username twice, if you only get a small box first.
Sorry there is nothing there like that, that has anything to do with postings.

I'm trying to take a screen shot so I can post it but my paint program isn't responding.

Camper6

Here is a screen shot of my profile. I can't post the screen shot because it's a .pgn and not allowed format. I need an app to convert but can't get it on the App Store because it's the u.s. Store. I give up.

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'

Here is a screen shot of my profile. I can't post the screen shot because it's a .pgn and not allowed format. I need an app to convert but can't get it on the App Store because it's the u.s. Store. I give up.
Just took a screen shot of your profile and uploaded it to this site to convert it to jpg for free. I did NOT download anything from this site to my computer, just saved the converted screenshot. I will use this again as it seems to be simple and I have tried to post a PNG screenshot here before with no success.

Camper.jpg

Camper6

Just took a screen shot of your profile and uploaded it to this site to convert it to jpg for free. I did NOT download anything from this site to my computer, just saved the converted screenshot. I will use this again as it seems to be simple and I have tried to post a PNG screenshot here before with no success.

View attachment 73120
O.K. I took the long way. Printed out the PGN. Scanned it to my computer. Saved it as a JPEG.

And this is what I have for my profile. I don't see anything about posting. In the interest of Science Profile.jpg

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Camper, just hover your mouse over your avatar without clicking. When that small window pops up, click on Camper6, and you will see your profile page as shown in my post above.

Much easier to Right Click the converted screen shot from that webpage I linked to, then click Save As. I save it to my pictures folder on my computer desktop homepage. Then click Attach Files under your post and upload it like that. Good luck.

Camper6

Camper, just hover your mouse over your avatar without clicking. When that small window pops up, click on Camper6, and you will see your profile page as shown in my post above.

Much easier to Right Click the converted screen shot from that webpage I linked to, then click Save As. I save it to my pictures folder on my computer desktop homepage. Then click Attach Files under your post and upload it like that. Good luck.
O.K.. but it still does not give me anything about postings.

This is what your post stated.

There is no Postings. I will eat the page if you can show me Postings.

Matrix

Admin
@Camper6 , on your screenshot, you haven't reached your profile page yet, let's start from your screenshot, you have two options to see your posts:

1. Simply click "Your content".

2. Click on your username to go to your actual profile page, where you can find "Posting".

Camper6

@Camper6 , on your screenshot, you haven't reached your profile page yet, let's start from your screenshot, you have two options to see your posts:

1. Simply click "Your content".

2. Click on your username to go to your actual profile page, where you can find "Posting".
No way Jose. I sent you a picture of my profile page. There is no "Postings" anywhere.

Matrix

Admin
You didn't seem to read my post, I told you two methods to find your posts, they are very easy to follow through.

Camper6

You didn't seem to read my post, I told you two methods to find your posts, they are very easy to follow through.
I read your posts. You didn't read mine. There is no word called "Postings" in any profile attempts.

I can easily find my posts without going through the profile method. This new software is good but there is a lot of overkill. All I have to do is click on Threads with my posts.

O.K. now will you concede that it doesn't say "Postings" anywhere in the profile?

This is what I use:

Threads started by Camper6
Your threads Threads with your posts Unanswered threads Watched threads

Matrix

Admin
Please see this screenshot, your screenshot is not your profile page, you need to click your username again to go to your actual profile page. Sorry for the confusion.

Matrix

Admin
BTW, PNG files are allowed in personal albums, so, if you need to upload a png file, you can upload it to your personal album (in Media) and embed it into your post.

Camper6

I'm sorry but I won't give in. Show me on your profile where the word "Postings" appears.

Yes I can list my posts by clicking on Your content but that's not what I am talking about.