I use my cell phone for just about everything, and with fat fingers

Fat finger syndrome, it's the scourge of the technological age. My first cell phone was rented, it was 1998, the model was an Alcatel wotsit, analogue, of course, it was big(ish) and you had to tap the keys once, twice and often thrice. It had a sim card the size of a credit card. Come the digital age, being analogue, it became redundant but I bought it for just a few pounds and kept it. A couple of years ago, the fellow who takes care of our computers told me that he could add a clever piece of electronic wizardry in the phone and it would work again. He was right. I just keep it for effect, it's like my old car, people stare at it.
Here's the phone. Cellnet became O2 and Barclaycard was the credit card company.
alcatel.jpg

Fat finger syndrome, it's the scourge of the technological age. My first cell phone was rented, it was 1998, the model was an Alcatel wotsit, analogue, of course, it was big(ish) and you had to tap the keys once, twice and often thrice. It had a sim card the size of a credit card. Come the digital age, being analogue, it became redundant but I bought it for just a few pounds and kept it. A couple of years ago, the fellow who takes care of our computers told me that he could add a clever piece of electronic wizardry in the phone and it would work again. He was right. I just keep it for effect, it's like my old car, people stare at it.
Here's the phone. Cellnet became O2 and Barclaycard was the credit card company.
View attachment 143730
Well remember those. They looked like walkie-talkies. 😊

When I text I swipe instead of typing with my fat fingers.. The Android keyboard I use is pretty good at knowing what I want to write when I do swipe.
I “liked” and then realized I have no idea what you are talking about 😂. I have an apple, don’t know if that makes a difference. I wasnthinking this morning that I should get one of those stylus things. Maybe that will help with pointing.

Apple has a swipe keyboard. It’s called QuickPath

@Kathleen’s Place The Swipe keyboard is potentially a faster and easier way to enter text on smartphones and tablets. With one continuous motion across the screen, the technology lets you slide your finger from letter to letter and watch as words and phrases magically appear on screen.

With a swipe keyboard, you swipe over words. Touch your finger to the H, slide it to the O, slide it to the W and then lift your finger. The swiping action will automatically detect the appropriate word and place it in the text box

@Kathleen’s Place The Swipe keyboard is potentially a faster and easier way to enter text on smartphones and tablets. With one continuous motion across the screen, the technology lets you slide your finger from letter to letter and watch as words and phrases magically appear on screen.

With a swipe keyboard, you swipe over words. Touch your finger to the H, slide it to the O, slide it to the W and then lift your finger. The swiping action will automatically detect the appropriate word and place it in the text box
I know it’s probably tons easier, but sounds complicated. I’m thrilled the kids even let me keep this smart phone...thet took the first one away after my 20 millionth phone call for help 😂
So I just clunker away at it and feel like a real techie at this point so hate to complicate things

Great job on explaining swipe. My explanation would have been 20 paragraphs long 🤣

My family (other than hubby) is hard of hearing so we text a lot. When I start typing words come up and I just tap on the word. I can also use the speaker feature.
Words come up when I’m typing and I do tap the word. The problem I am having on here isn’t tping messages...it’s hitting the little thumbs up icon so I can like or love or laugh or give a tums up reply to a post. When I tap it, the copy paste bar covers up everything or turns it blue. It’s just frustrating.

I “liked” and then realized I have no idea what you are talking about 😂. I have an apple, don’t know if that makes a difference. I wasnthinking this morning that I should get one of those stylus things. Maybe that will help with pointing.
Yes it helps me i dtill use mu fst thimb to hit the butypns so fsr i see lots of misspellef words now i jsbe to ho bavk snd cortect
With stylus
I guess it helps better slower very slow.
You can see words are spelled better than above.

Words come up when I’m typing and I do tap the word. The problem I am having on here isn’t tping messages...it’s hitting the little thumbs up icon so I can like or love or laugh or give a tums up reply to a post. When I tap it, the copy paste bar covers up everything or turns it blue. It’s just frustrating.
Your phone is equipped with haptics, sounds like, meaning it’s touch and pressure sensitive. Depending on your make/model, a quick tap will “like” a post. A slightly longer tap will bring up a bar of emoji choices. A longer, heavier touch will enable the copy paste function.

Haptics also allow feedback from your phone....for example on my phone I feel a ta when I touch and hold the Camera icon on the Home Screen

Your phone is equipped with haptics, sounds like, meaning it’s touch and pressure sensitive. Depending on your make/model, a quick tap will “like” a post. A slightly longer tap will bring up a bar of emoji choices. A longer, heavier touch will enable the copy paste function.

Haptics also allow feedback from your phone....for example on my phone I feel a ta when I touch and hold the Camera icon on the Home Screen
Hey...thanks!!!! That is good to know and will hive it a try!!!! 😊

Back