I was having NBA withdrawals for a couple of months.

PamfromTx

SF VIP
I am a huge fan of the NBA, particularly the San Antonio Spurs. I have been missing their games even though they weren't doing all that good this past year. I'll always be a fan regardless. I am thrilled to see Tim Duncan as an assistant coach. I miss Tony Parker!

Attachments

• 756d96d2b9d664e6e5dd80f3e824c756[1].jpg
    756d96d2b9d664e6e5dd80f3e824c756[1].jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
I too would have liked the distraction of watching some Basketball or Baseball games.....

There has sure been a lot of back and forth, about whether or not, they will have any of the NBA games, from the last interrupted season, during this summer.

I am definitely not wanting to interject anything about the reasons, into this thread!

I am just talking about the effect it has had, on we who just needed something to watch, and missed it, like the above posters mentioned.

So I wonder at times, whether they will play or not, and whether or not, I could get interested in it, again, at this point or not.
I don't know either. :unsure:

Where is Tim Duncan the Coach? The Spurs?

Last edited:
players? ... They must be going crazy

I hadn't thought of that. They are used to extreme over-exercising.

And under usual times, they often play in other leagues when the NBA is off-season, but none of those were playing either.
They must have to pump a lot of equipment, to keep from boiling over with frustration, and to keep their huge muscles. ;)

I too would have liked the distraction of watching some Basketball or Baseball games.....

There has sure been a lot of back and forth, about whether or not, they will have any of the NBA games, from the last interrupted season, during this summer.

I am definitely not wanting to interject anything about the reasons, into this thread!

I am just talking about the effect it has had, on we who just needed something to watch, and missed it, like the above posters mentioned.

So I wonder at times, whether they will play or not, and whether or not, I could get interested in it, again, at this point or not.
I don't know either. :unsure:

Where is Tim Duncan the Coach? The Spurs?
Yes!

Which part of my post, does that affirmative response go with, Pamela? :)

At first I thought I knew what you meant, but then I looked at my post,

and saw how I concluded it, and wondered, OH, she might have just meant Yes, solely to that last question of mine. :ROFLMAO:
Will I ever catch on to the way things are done on this group? I am laughing so hard because I can almost sense your confusion with me. Hahahaha The yes was for whomever asked where Tim Duncan was coaching. I sure miss those games.

Virtually All of the major sports are being shut down due to this virus. NASCAR has started running races with little or no fans in the stands, and the baseball season should be in full swing by now, but not anywhere near starting. The way this virus is going, I doubt the NFL and NBA will be doing much, this Fall.
At least with ESPN and the NFL network, I can watch some replays of the better games in the past year, or two.

Virtually All of the major sports are being shut down due to this virus. NASCAR has started running races with little or no fans in the stands, and the baseball season should be in full swing by now, but not anywhere near starting. The way this virus is going, I doubt the NFL and NBA will be doing much, this Fall.
At least with ESPN and the NFL network, I can watch some replays of the better games in the past year, or two.
I only have over-the-air t.v., and there have been many games reshown- mostly baseball and football.

When Kobe Bryant passed away in February, I watched re-runs of his games. I miss the black mamba and I feel for Vanessa losing her beloved bestfriend, husband and best father of her kids. Kobe is on top of my list of GOAT(greatest of all times) athletes. For me, he's not just a great athlete, he touched and influenced the lives of millions.

I am a huge fan of the NBA, particularly the San Antonio Spurs. I have been missing their games even though they weren't doing all that good this past year. I'll always be a fan regardless. I am thrilled to see Tim Duncan as an assistant coach. I miss Tony Parker!
What a class act Tim Duncan is. I remember when he first joined the NBA. People thought he'd be good but I don't think anyone foresaw his ability to make all the other players on his team better. Quiet guy. Seems level-headed.

I saw on TV that the playoffs were put on hold for some reason.
Yes, the playoffs were put on hold because the players are protesting the killing of Jacob Blake. Donā€™t ask me what one has to do with the other. I am fairly certain that by now, we have all agreed that police reform is needed desperately, so I guess from here on every time someone gets shot or dies, the pro sports teams will decide whether to play or protest.

Truthfully, I would have thought if these guys really wanted to make a ā€œsplashā€ with their protest, they should have done it the weekend when what? 7 little children were killed by guns, including a 1 y/o.

Yes, the playoffs were put on hold because the players are protesting the killing of Jacob Blake. Donā€™t ask me what one has to do with the other. I am fairly certain that by now, we have all agreed that police reform is needed desperately, so I guess from here on every time someone gets shot or dies, the pro sports teams will decide whether to play or protest.

Truthfully, I would have thought if these guys really wanted to make a ā€œsplashā€ with their protest, they should have done it the weekend when what? 7 little children were killed by guns, including a 1 y/o.
As far as Iā€™m concerned, they can stay on strike or whatever it is.

Thanks for putting that here, 911 and Oldman...Not many are coming out to say what you guy's said....
I'm not happy with the USA....I'm a true patriot, though I'm terrified of what we are going through...
I'm old...I just feel very sorry for our kids....

Back