I wish today had been cancelled

I wish today had been cancelled, good to know. Next time give me a heads up and I'll make it happen. By the way, should I cancel the day it is unfortunate the range of the cancelled day is relevant to me. I have not perfected the long range of day cancellation application is currently in beta.​

The Southern Hemisphere is entering Summer, while we in the North will be contending with snow, ice and freezing temperatures, for the next 3 months. Such is "life".
Where I live in Tx, we don't get super cold temperatures until late Jan or Feb. Fortunately, it has been in the 70's an 80's lately and 40 to 60 at night. We really get it in the summer though. But the past 3 or 4 or so years have not been bad at all. Before that we had a bad drought and I lost some trees, an elm and a pecan. Ranchers had to sell or kill off livestock or have water and feed shipped in if their tanks or wells went dry. Some failed altogether. Temps were up to 120 in the day and avg. about 90-100 at night. The vultures even left. These are my favorite bird here. They are nature's sterilizer. They can eat the most toxic or spoiled thing and the waste comes out clean. They are a beautiful miracle of nature. They are very smart and make good pets. They are back now which makes me so happy!💖

And, when I first came here I would be parked in the Walmart parking lot in time to see nearly a hundred bats all fly out of the building at dusk. It was a spectacular sight. Well, that went on for months and then . . .they were exterminated. Or, moved, maybe. The bats are really good pets too. There are movements around the U.S. to save the bats. They are an important part of out Eco-system here in Texas.
I love our critters here, well, most of them.🦇

black-vulture.jpg

flying bat.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.🙂

Where I live in Tx, we don't get super cold temperatures until late Jan or Feb. Fortunately, it has been in the 70's an 80's lately and 40 to 60 at night. We really get it in the summer though. But the past 3 or 4 or so years have not been bad at all. Before that we had a bad drought and I lost some trees, an elm and a pecan. Ranchers had to sell or kill off livestock or have water and feed shipped in if their tanks or wells went dry. Some failed altogether. Temps were up to 120 in the day and avg. about 90-100 at night. The vultures even left. These are my favorite bird here. They are nature's sterilizer. They can eat the most toxic or spoiled thing and the waste comes out clean. They are a beautiful miracle of nature. They are very smart and make good pets. They are back now which makes me so happy!💖

And, when I first came here I would be parked in the Walmart parking lot in time to see nearly a hundred bats all fly out of the building at dusk. It was a spectacular sight. Well, that went on for months and then . . .they were exterminated. Or, moved, maybe. The bats are really good pets too. There are movements around the U.S. to save the bats. They are an important part of out Eco-system here in Texas.

View attachment 201174

View attachment 201176

No need to be sorry for loving your critters.
I love our critters as well and I often go out bush to photograph them.
Western Grey Kangaroos

Osprey

Bearded Dragon

View attachment 201174

View attachment 201176

Looks like we will get some super cold temps this weekend. In the 20's between Saturday night and Sunday morning. Cover your outdoor faucets and let your sinks drip!

Looks like we will get some super cold temps this weekend. In the 20's between Saturday night and Sunday morning. Cover your outdoor faucets and let your sinks drip!
We don't seem to get weather as bad a Ft. Worth-Dallas. But, it seems to be getting chilly, wrap up and cuddle up. Time for hot cocoa! :)

Bugger today being cancelled ... I just wish 2020 and 2021 were cancelled as well ... what a horrible ride with the current pandemic. Wishing everyone the best for 2022 ... hope things improve for you, yours and us.
Seems like there is going to be no end to this rubbish that is going on. New case, new restrictions
Humbug and balderdash.

Back