If you are going to rake leaves you might as well have some fun in the process..

That pile looks like the perimeter of my yard. I spent about 3 hours today blowing leaves into large piles. The trees have lost enough leaves that I can easily run the mower around the yard in another couple of weeks to clean up the rest. If the weather stays fairly dry, and we have a day with little or no wind, I may just string together the garden hoses, and have some leaf bonfires...I like the smell of burning leaves.

That pile looks like the perimeter of my yard. I spent about 3 hours today blowing leaves into large piles. The trees have lost enough leaves that I can easily run the mower around the yard in another couple of weeks to clean up the rest. If the weather stays fairly dry, and we have a day with little or no wind, I may just string together the garden hoses, and have some leaf bonfires...I like the smell of burning leaves.
We can't burn leaves around here and they don't pick them up . We have fields,trees and a mountain on the other side of the road but aren't allowed to blow or rake them over there either. I guess they think we should eat them.

When I was a kid in the 50s we always burned our leaves and they certainly do smell wonderful. I had a Beagle who would sit by the edge of the fire and wait for the acorns to roast and pop out . He loved to eat them. Sometimes he just couldn't wait and would grab one and shake it around to make it cool off quicker. I tasted one and it was so bitter, but he didn't think so. The deer love them also.

Back