If you could retire anywhere in the world other than where you are right now, where would it be?

I'm happy staying in the US although a warmer place would be better. However, I just have to much stuff to even think about moving! Maybe global warming will help me out. I just noticed today my daffodils are poking their heads up. I've never seen this before in Jan.

Can't think of anywhere else I'd like to be that's better than where I am. Coastal Northern CA - great weather, diverse amazing people, stunning scenery, and FABULOUS FOOD! Woohoo!

Plus, my family lives 10 miles away from us, which in CA terms is like living next door, LOL.
That's where I'm from and how I wish I could afford to move back there (and there weren't other things tying me down here). Also, McKinleyville, Calif.

If money was no object, I'd go to Paris. There's so much to explore there, and then I could travel around Europe on the high-speed trains to explore other cities. Last time I was there, I had fun trying to speak French to people. It's a fun language to speak. For that reason, I could probably master it fairly quickly.

I'm happy staying in the US although a warmer place would be better. However, I just have to much stuff to even think about moving! Maybe global warming will help me out. I just noticed today my daffodils are poking their heads up. I've never seen this before in Jan.
Too much stuff. Same here.

At sea on cruise ships! A similar deal that this couple got. Ahh, to be pampered daily! Not a care in the world!

"A cruise-loving couple is living on ships full-time following their retirement, after working out that it made more financial sense to do so than to keep a house on land."

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...ouple-live-ships-retired-travel-b2077350.html

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/20/retired-couple-living-on-cruise-ship-angelyn-richard-burk/
Interesting concept and it has been done before by a very few. I wonder though about medical needs, especially as one ages. Going to the medical facility on a ship is shockingly expensive. Covered through insurance if you have that but their abilities are very limited so eventually, you'd have to go to a hospital on land. I also wonder about receiving government pensions. Would you even still be eligible to receive one?

It would be nice to get great food all the time and many other things like a top notch gym, nightly shows/entertainment and a constantly changing of neighbors :)

Ozarks. A small farm. Maybe organic food. A few big dogs. Chickens and goats. Birdseye view of sunrise from my front porch and sunset from the back porch. Blackened night sky with millions of stars. And a French Maid.

Interesting concept and it has been done before by a very few. I wonder though about medical needs, especially as one ages. Going to the medical facility on a ship is shockingly expensive. Covered through insurance if you have that but their abilities are very limited so eventually, you'd have to go to a hospital on land. I also wonder about receiving government pensions. Would you even still be eligible to receive one?

It would be nice to get great food all the time and many other things like a top notch gym, nightly shows/entertainment and a constantly changing of neighbors :)
this is an interesting look at the cost of retiring on a cruise ship..

https://smartasset.com/retirement/retirement-living-on-a-cruise-ship

Ozarks. A small farm. Maybe organic food. A few big dogs. Chickens and goats. Birdseye view of sunrise from my front porch and sunset from the back porch. Blackened night sky with millions of stars. And a French Maid.
Ozarks. A small farm. (check)
organic food. (check)
more then A few big dogs. (check)
Chickens... no goats. (check)
Birdseye view of sunrise from my front porch. (check)
sunset from the back porch. (check)
Blackened night sky with millions of stars. (check). nothing like staring up at the heavens late, late at night.
No French Maid... well, 7 of the 8 ain't bad. :)
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in the corner at my loss. :cry:
Still have 34 acres I'll probably sell

DCP_5451.JPG 4 west.JPGrear deck.JPGhouse.jpgsniff.jpg

Back