If you used an avatar pic , what is its signifcance for you?

I've long been an admirer Lily Tomlin, and particularly so of her delightfully snarky Ernestine character. I rotate through a few different avatars on SF.
I liked her child character, Ruthanne i think. Sat in enormous chairs and often ended the 'bit' with "..and that's the truth!" There's a gif of the character 'blowing raspberries'.
Have much enjoyed watching her and Fonda in their Netflix series.

Last edited:
I probably should take and post a new one, have a few more wrinkles and grey hairs since i took that one a few years ago.

Just me, what you see is what you get. Open book right down to saying if necessary that some things are not everyone's business, tho that's rare.
Same here feywon ……..this was taken 5 yrs ago, when our Australian friends came to visit after not seeing them since 1978…..

No particular significance.
An old Ridgways England commemorative plate from my collection of Martha Curtis, wife of George Washington.
2-Antique-Ridgeway-Flow-Blue-plates-George.jpg

My present one is a 67 Ford Galaxie that I originally purchased to build as a car to run at the Bonneville salt flats. I decided to sell it as I had a big backlog of projects to finish. I advertised it in the local paper, and my son came home from school (15yrs old) , and said what are you doing selling my car? I said I didn't realize it was your car, but if you are willing to put in the work, you can have it. He really got involved and put all of his money, along with a fair amount of mine into it. It is just such a great car to drive, 500+hp 520lbft torque built 428FE, with a 5 speed Tremec overdrive. It cruises at 90mph @ 2100 rpm, and when you want to pass, drop it down into 4th and it takes off like rocket. It gets a little light in the front at around 145mph, but with proper front/rear spoiler, would be capable of close to 200mph. I will be changing up the avatar as I own way to many cars, and motorcycles. Mike

Attachments

• 0808280028.JPG
    0808280028.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 1
i made one friend in the town we moved to 6 years ago ...she'd go to bingo with an old lady just so the woman didn't have to travel at night alone....the old lady was a bingo fanatic....my friend wasn't....
i have never been a bingo fan either...
my friend died of pancreatic cancer last year...
ironically...i chose this avatar because of her
before we ever knew she was sick..
i miss her...and the world's empty without her

I had a teal colored row boat for a long time, SeaBreeze was the name of my father's small boat when we were kids and although it wasn't his boat, it was nice and felt right to me. When I decided to make a change, being an animal lover, I started browsing the web for a picture that would be nice for an avatar and show enough detail in such a tiny pic. This owl just spoke to me when I saw it, easy choice for me. I just tried to find the original image which showed more of the whole owl, but could just find this example.

images

Back