If you were in the market for a dog, what kind would it be?

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
I wouldn't be able to get another dog because we have two dogs now. A new dog would have to get along with cats, but not necessarily children. I prefer large or medium breed dogs of small breeds.

Without a shadow of a doubt..it would be a labradoodle as we have had for the last 15 years as a family..

They are highly intelligent ( the poodle part).. and very family orientated and good natured ( Labrador part) ..and they barely shed at all (great for asthma sufferers )

Ours..

0d35249c-799d-4522-ad94-f12d95018736.jpg

Last edited:
In a year or so, after we sell our boat, will get a Shih Tzu pup. Love a big dog, like our last last Siberian/Malamute mix Husky, but we can no longer handle a big dog. Want a "lap dog"/"ankle-biter". And, absolutely no rescue dog! "Been there, done that" with two that had behavioral problems and had to return to Rescue. No "store bought" pup either. Will come from a local Breeder that has high reviews.

If I had the space indoors and outdoors and energy, I'd have a German Shepard. Well trained of course. :) Several years ago, I visited a young couple next door who had a German Shepard I'd never come in contact with before.
As I entered their apartment and sat on their couch, the dog came right over to me and sat on the floor close to me. The couple were amazed. The husband said that's the first time their dog had done that with a stranger. (who could know why.) :)
There is just something about a German Shepard's stance that makes them seem self-assured that I like. As long as they're well trained to keep their cool. :)

When I met my now huz he had a large male Dobermann named Max
First time I met Max he sniffed me and looked me up and down and licked my hand
That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship
Max was one of the largest Dobermanns I had ever seen...he weighed in at 80kg or 176pounds
Max's head stood level with my hip and I am a tall person
We have seen him nudge a baby bird back towards the parent bird with much success
Before huz moved he was burgled while at work and the burglars beat Max almost senseless with a baseball bat
Complications arose from this beating and sadly Max died on the Vet's operating table only a few years after I met him
Max was truly a 'Gentle Giant' and we miss him greatly
Max Sitting 11-02 copy 2.jpg

An Australian Kelpie or a Blue heeler.
You can not find a more loyal and protective fur-friend, and although they are a high-energy dog, they love
being a member of the family.

View attachment 133622
@Tish our next door neighbours ..when I say next door they are actually behind us their side fence is our back fence ,anyway they have a kelpie like yours and when we go over for a barbie hubs makes a fuss of Zayhne so when he hears hubs doing something in our shed Zayhne sits on his owners bed and barks and whines for him to come over and pat him ..well play tug a war with a old flat football

Back