I'm blowing a bubble

I learned how to blow bubble-gum bubbles from a friend one day in church. I was sitting with said friend on the other side of the sanctuary from my mother (which was a rare occurrence and wasn't repeated for a loooong time after my misdeeds that Sunday) and she was showing me how to do it.

How I managed to miss the sizzling mental lightning bolts that were being sent to me by my mom across the void, I don't know, but the repercussions after the service ended were memorable. I assumed I was going to be 21 years old before I was trusted again to behave myself in church.

I don't chew bubble gum very often but when I do, I really, really like to blow bubbles.....and pop them loudly.

I learned how to blow bubble-gum bubbles from a friend one day in church. I was sitting with said friend on the other side of the sanctuary from my mother (which was a rare occurrence and wasn't repeated for a loooong time after my misdeeds that Sunday) and she was showing me how to do it.

How I managed to miss the sizzling mental lightning bolts that were being sent to me by my mom across the void, I don't know, but the repercussions after the service ended were memorable. I assumed I was going to be 21 years old before I was trusted again to behave myself in church.

I don't chew bubble gum very often but when I do, I really, really like to blow bubbles.....and pop them loudly.

I enjoy the little quote in your avatar. You must tell me about the shortcut someday. ;)

I’ve heard that Bazooka Gum has done away with their comics featuring rather bizarre-appearing kids and questionable humor. The gum now comes wrapped in “brain teasers“ and “activities.”

Another part of my childhood, gone! 😩

IMG_2060.jpeg

I loved a good piece of that pink bazooka gum. My friends and I would see who could blow the biggest bubble and it would usually pop all over our faces and sometimes get in our long hair...lol.

Back