I'm retired! (and I could never have made it in marketing)

InTheWoods

Yesterday was my last day, which I spent writing 66 individual emails to many of the people who made my life at work so much more precious. I spent 15,303 days with the company, or 41.9 years.
Technically I still work there, but I have 5 weeks of vacation to use up. I was part time, so that takes me all the way to July 10, when I have an exit interview. But I do not have any work at all, I'm on vacation, then a half hour formality, then permanently retired.
Well, as permanent as it can be. I turn 66 in four days. You know.

I hike, and when I turned 62 I was able to buy a park pass that never needs replacing. They called it a "Lifetime Pass". But it's hardly a Lifetime Pass if you can't buy it until 62! They should have called it a "Remaining Lifetime Pass".
This probably demonstrates why I could never have made it in marketing.

Yesterday was my last day, which I spent writing 66 individual emails to many of the people who made my life at work so much more precious. I spent 15,303 days with the company, or 41.9 years.
Technically I still work there, but I have 5 weeks of vacation to use up. I was part time, so that takes me all the way to July 10, when I have an exit interview. But I do not have any work at all, I'm on vacation, then a half hour formality, then permanently retired.

I hike, and when I turned 62 I was able to buy a park pass that never needs replacing. They called it a "Lifetime Pass". But it's hardly a Lifetime Pass if you can't buy it until 62! They should have called it a "Remaining Lifetime Pass".
Wonderful! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Stay Blessed brother Jesus loves you ❤️

I'm surprised that as a part time employee, you were given such generous vacation time! Or were you able to accumulate it over those almost 42 years? It's nice that you will be getting paid for that time while enjoying what retirement has to offer. I did the same...stopped working before my official retirement date, but did not have as many weeks as you. Congratulations! I hope you find retirement life fulfilling.

clipart-happy-retirement-6-2958638070.jpg

Back