In the shop...

Spent most of the day today setting up one of two new top toolboxes my son brought up for me from Denver. Have five more like the bottom one that will go in different areas of the shop, along with two full top/ bottom combos from the old shop that will come down when the new shop is finished. Yes, I have a problem, but it's one I enjoy. :)

Filling screw holes, and installing trim today. A few pics of some storage and shelving unit I built/repurposed a while ago. The cabinet with the door is an old truck tool box, that I modified and added an internal shelf. The shelves on either side are made from a large roll out tool box that I built for my service truck 25 yrs ago. Cut it up into usable sections, and the bent the edges as needed by clamping them to my welding table, or a section of 6" H beam and getting all my aggression out with a big mallet. Then riveted it together, and mounted it to the wall. Came out satisfactorily. Still have a full 4x8 sheet of diamond plate aluminum that will be turned into more shelving for the machine shop. Thanks for looking.

ttps://imgur.com/XAUcrCS

Last edited:
Always makes me smile to see a tidy work shop.
Great job of repurposing things.

I notice you have a 'lift'.
One vehicle or more?

Son found a 2 car lift for sale ,, hardly used.
Catch was it had to be taken apart & moved by certain date.

Hubby & I went up to Michigan & helped.
He needed the trailer we had in PA to load it onto.
Hauled it back to son's.

His neighbors surprised him the next day came over & helped put it together & set up.

The one in the pic is a extra wide, and long single vehicle portable lift. Once I get the concrete aprons poured in the front and back, it will spend most of it's time outside, and used for car storage in the winter. Also have a 9000# two post lift in the old shop that will be moving down here. Have gotten too old to crawl around on the ground all the time, though it's still required occasionally working on the heavy equipment. I'm sure your son will enjoy having his. It's a real game changer for vehicle maintenance.

Last edited:
His garage is bordered by soy beans fields.
Every Winter his house, garage & vehicles are invaded by mice.
They bring their food,, soybeans in.
Exterminator said due to bringing their food would be hard to use baits to catch them.

His new 5th wheel is all aluminum,, but the mice got in starved or drowned in the toilet .

Every time he asks about buying some of the fields ,, the price goes up.

Its a good thing he isn't married.

Spent most of the day today setting up one of two new top toolboxes my son brought up for me from Denver. Have five more like the bottom one that will go in different areas of the shop, along with two full top/ bottom combos from the old shop that will come down when the new shop is finished. Yes, I have a problem, but it's one I enjoy. :)

I love those tool boxes, they're seriously expensive here.. I have a red one, I've never seen a blue one before, cool beans.... (y)

Me too. Pretty much the perfect blue color for me, and matches my trim in the shop. I got two of them for $500 taxes included, so was pretty happy with that. The are really good quality for the price.

I love those tool boxes, they're seriously expensive here.. I have a red one, I've never seen a blue one before, cool beans.... (y)

Thanks for kind words Don. Probably more important what you get done in your space, than what it looks like. Has kind of gotten out of hand on the interior finish, but I like it, and hoping to pretty much finish inside in the next month or so, and finally get some real work done in it, instead of on it.

Beautiful shop. Makes my garage full of stuff look pretty shabby.

Back