Inked ?

pchinvegas

Hey Forum, we need a new discussion. I hate when I go down the forum and I'm the last to comment on everything.
So, Do you have tattoos ? And what kind ? Are they Family Tats, like mine ? Or other tats that have special meaning?
My first tat was at 54 years old. I had always wanted one and just knew it was time. It is a beautiful Peach hanging from a branch with leaves with "Georgia" my tribute to my home State. One of my daughters has followed suit. On my upper right hip.
My second was done along with my 3 daughters and we each have the "Goddess Symbol" on our ankles. Done in 2002.
My 3rd was done in 2005 along with the daughters and son while on a week at the beach stay at LBI (Long beach Island, NJ) The shop sign said "Bait Tackle and Tattoos" we each got a fish hook, mine embellished with 5 hearts for my children.
I love them . I may be finished, unless I get the urge again, who knows.

I'm not that much into tatoos myself, but I did get one when I was around 30. It's on my high rear area, and was only able to be seen when I wore my french cut (high leg) bikini. Of course I'm a one-piece gal now. :) It's not too big, and very pale pastel colors. It never faded since it rarely was exposed to the sun, except on a couple of vacations in Hawaii. It's a yellow rose with green leaves, with little fluffy powder/baby blue clouds on either side, connected by a small rainbow. I like it now just as much as the day I got it.

Have you seen some of those shows on cable tv, like inked or tattoo nightmares? It's amazing how someone would allow a large tattoo to be put on their body, and not even know what the subject matter is going to be. :rolleyes: Some of the faces on those pinup girls are hideous!! :eek:

Oh that sounds pretty SeaBreeze , I have watched Inked and Tattoo Nightmares, some are really bad. I really love mine mostly because they are family/home reminders.
I think tattoos are beautiful but I don't care for the full sleeves or large close together pieces because they kinda run together.
There are some beautiful ones on Pintrest. Glad to hear you have one, that's great.

No thanks. I realize tattoos are popular among young folks these days but they are not for me.

I prefer to have pictures hanging on the wall where I can see them.

I have granddaughters who are covered in tattoos and one has a husband who owns a tattoo shop.

Waaay back in the early 60s I went to Lyle Tuttle in San Francisco. (He's an icon of tattooing -check him out in Wikipedia) I was 18, my buddy was 17. Or was I 21 and my buddy 20? At the time were guys at 18 able to consent? I don't remember. Anyway, I had no idea what I wanted, so I wound up with the perennial black panther on my upper left arm. My friend was with me, but we were told that he was too young to get one.

We went back several hours later and my friend used my ID to get one identical to mine. (I don't think photos were on California drivers licenses back then.) Months later his Mom told me she'd have gladly thrown $1000 out onto the street to keep him from getting a tattoo. (That was when $1000 was more like $10,000!)

Then a few years later I thought I was in love with a girl named Sue and had her name scrolled onto my right shoulder. A year or so later I went to a doctor to get it removed. He cut an eye shape around the name, removed it, then sewed up the skin. I still have that scar - and that was my last tattoo!

I have thought about getting one (you usually start with one) several times over the years but a couple of things come to mind. First, there is usually something else I would rather (or need to) spend the money on and two, I wonder what it will look like waaay into the future. That said, I have no issues with someone else who gets them.

So far mine look just like they did when they were done. Now maybe a 90 they'll be droopy, but then I will be too ! I am proud of mine and what they symbolize.
Thanks for all the conversation, been good

I have only one, a dragon wrapped around a Yin/Yang symbol, on my right inner forearm. I'm supposed to get a matching tiger/Yin/Yang on the left but I don't think I've reached the proper point in my studies yet. Plus, my Sifu passed away, and HE was the one who would normally suggest when I was ready.

Maybe I'll never get it. No matter, I suppose. I DO have two good friends, a married couple, who have their own tat equipment and are constantly inking each other up, but not really being into tat culture I can't really get my head into some of the places they put them, nor the number they put on.

Different strokes, as always.

I like the Yin/Yang, nice one I bet. My daughter has 14 and will be doing another this spring to commemorate her kidney donation in August to a needy stranger. It will be a good one no doubt.
I am probably done with mine but ya never know.

I got mine back in 1963 when I signed up for Airborne training in the Army. It's a parachute with a skull in the middle. I was nicknamed MR. Airborne and given the full treatment.

I like the Yin/Yang, nice one I bet. My daughter has 14 and will be doing another this spring to commemorate her kidney donation in August to a needy stranger. It will be a good one no doubt.
I am probably done with mine but ya never know.

Kudos to your daughter - that's awesome.

I don't know whether I'll ever get my "other one" either - at this point it's kind of moot.

Thanks, she is quite a unique woman, I am very proud. Now my gold is to keep this body moving and in good shape, and that's a full time job. The warm weather ahead will help and getting back up to my 4 mile a day walk. Shins were killin me today from the miles yesterday. Tomorrow will be better.

Some tats I find rather interesting but don't have one. During the Vietnam War, was gonna get inked but just couldn't decide what I wanted that would be there forever. Indecision ruled and am still without embellishing artwork...

Back