Insomnia

Mahatma

hi, the folks in our house just cant sleep properly.
i go to bed shattered at ten, and am still awake at 1.30
ok i should go to bed at 1.30..lol.. but i feel really tired at ten...
i have asked friends on-line and it seems we are all the same... how are you copping?

I wake most nites at 1.30 if not 3oclock...I am a bad sleeper -but some nites I can go right through ..total bliss !

I usually fall asleep reading around 9:30. Often I awake about midnight, find my book and glasses on the floor. So I just turn off the light and go back to sleep. Usually sleep to about 5:30 or 6:00 AM. Sometimes I'll take an hour's nap in the afternoon. I used to have very bad sleepless nights, but in the past year, that has changed. Do you have a chance to nap during the day, Mahatma?

I usually fall asleep reading around 9:30. Often I awake about midnight, find my book and glasses on the floor. So I just turn off the light and go back to sleep. Usually sleep to about 5:30 or 6:00 AM. Sometimes I'll take an hour's nap in the afternoon. I used to have very bad sleepless nights, but in the past year, that has changed. Do you have a chance to nap during the day, Mahatma?
yes Lewkat i have the chance of a nap, but i darent else i would have no chance of a sleep that night, what i really need is a round of golf

I figure one of the perks of being a senior and retired is that I get to sleep when I want. The rest of the world wants to sleep through the night and early morning? Pfft. None of that for me -- I'll nap when I want, and be awake when I want. :cool:

Never did get used to having my schedule dictated to me, even when I was working. And now it's do-able whenever, unless I have an appointment.

So long as you're not disturbing other people, you should do whatever suits you.
Last night I went to bed at 9:30, but got up at 2:30am because I was wide awake. I played games on Facebook for a while and then went back to bed, and got up properly at 6:30 as usual.

I figure one of the perks of being a senior and retired is that I get to sleep when I want. The rest of the world wants to sleep through the night and early morning? Pfft. None of that for me -- I'll nap when I want, and be awake when I want. :cool:

Never did get used to having my schedule dictated to me, even when I was working. And now it's do-able whenever, unless I have an appointment.
So right
So very right

Even when I was working....if I got sleepy, I'd close my office door, crank back the ol' chair, and grab a couple Zs

I'm a sleep dawg
I never waste an opportunity when a nap presents itself

I used to stress that I was not sleeping enough or at the proper times. I average under six hours.

Now if I feel tired at 8 I will go to bed. And if I get up at 4 that's ok too.

No timetable, no naps.
I’m about the same as you. Six hours and I’m good.
Sometimes I get insomnia so I’ll get extra exercise, eat well and take an Epsom salts bath before bed.
Spray a bit of lavender in my pillow. I usually fall asleep then. If I eat too much chocolate too late in the day or have a coffee or tea too late, then I’m up late so I try and keep this in check.

If anything, stress is improving the amount of sleep that I get. I've had really erratic sleep for decades and could function adequately on four hours, broken into a couple segments. Now, since I am unemployed and without any itinerary, I will drift off watching Netflix, wake in the middle of the next episode. But, it doesn't matter.

I am getting over 6 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period and even slept-in until 7:30 AM one day! (My 'normal' wake up time is between 4 and 5 AM.) Actually, for now, this works out fine. When the weather heats up, I will again try to rise early to work outdoors to beat the heat.

Eat, nap, take care of life's minimal demands, sleep, nap, eat, repeat - not in any particular order! I'm just glad that I don't have to readjust, as many will, when called back to work.

Insomnia ? Yeah tell me about it . When I was working my body had a good routine ...wake up , work , evening meal , TV for a few hours , bed ....repeat .
Since I retired my ' body clock ' has gone out the window . Now I simply sleep whenever my body wants to light or dark , day or night . I did get stressed about it at first , but now .....'' que sera sera '' .

I have a "siesta" about 3.30 pm for 90 minutes. Then to bed at 10:30 & I fall asleep right away. Sleep like the dead until about 3;30 am, go to the washroom, return to bed for 1/2 planning my day & by 4 am I am up to do my exercise, check the bad news on the computer & then sing & play my guitar. The rest of the morning I read. Love to read. Must of read thousands of books in my life. Life is good. Me thinks that people who can't sleep probably don't exercise nor do they walk outside or maybe they watch way too many bad movies on Netflax? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a "siesta" about 3.30 pm for 90 minutes. Then to bed at 10:30 & I fall asleep right away. Sleep like the dead until about 3;30 am, go to the washroom, return to bed for 1/2 planning my day & by 4 am I am up to do my exercise, check the bad news on the computer & then sing & play my guitar. The rest of the morning I read. Love to read. Must of read thousands of books in my life. Life is good. Me thinks that people who can't sleep probably don't exercise nor do they walk outside or maybe they watch way too many bad movies on Netflax? Correct me if I'm wrong.
your right about the exercise, i do watch IPTV and of course the internet.... golf is my normal exercise, and i think i will be able to be on the course sooner rather than later.

Yeah....sleep.
I get a decent night's sleep 2-3 times/week. The rest of the nights aren't so good because of blood sugar spikes & lows during the night. I'll go to sleep around 1 or 2am & can't sleep because of rapid, pounding heart & short of breath.
Get up, check sugar, it's either too high or too low. Too low = fast, pounding heart & severe shaking. Eat sugar to fix, then too high.
Too high = same symptoms plus constant urination (that's how body tries to get rid of extra sugar)
Sometimes, that cycle lasts until 5-6am (like a couple of nights ago). Walk around the house, play piano, TV.
Last night was good - slept 6 hours.

i think its my brain, my body wants its sleep, but my brain has stuff to think about
have you ever tried to empty your mind...lol

Back