Interested in sharing your story?

graceyaya

Hello all! I'm a first-year college student from Los Angeles.
I'm working on a Life Review project for my class on Frontiers of Human Aging, where I'm supposed to interview a senior about their experience with aging. After the interview, I will write a paper discussing the story with regards to the concepts I learned in class.
It would be great if anyone here is interested in sharing a story or just giving me some advice! Thank you!

I'm working on a Life Review project for my class on Frontiers of Human Aging, where I'm supposed to interview a senior about their experience with aging. After the interview, I will write a paper discussing the story with regards to the concepts I learned in class.
It would be great if anyone here is interested in sharing a story or just giving me some advice! Thank you!
What college do you attend?

That's a great assignment, but I think you'd get a lot more out of interviewing someone in person. Appx 70% of communication is non-verbal. You'd be able to see the facial expressions, hear voice tones, make a real human connection away from electronic devices. There are plenty of people in senior living apartment complexes etc. who would be happy to talk to you.

That's a great assignment, but I think you'd get a lot more out of interviewing someone in person. Appx 70% of communication is non-verbal. You'd be able to see the facial expressions, hear voice tones, make a real human connection away from electronic devices. There are plenty of people in senior living apartment complexes etc. who would be happy to talk to you.
Thanks for your advice! I would love to visit a senior in person, but I live on campus most of the time. I guess it would be hard for me to go around LA visiting senior homes.

What kind of story are you looking for Grace?

I'd say there isn't a specific kind of story I'm looking for. The professor really wants us to tell an original narrative that "presents a full picture of the person's life". :)

That is an interesting assignment and I am willing to bet that an underlining motive of your Professor is to get his students to step out of their "comfort zone" and meet a different world, ... one that they will be facing themselves at some future time.

The recommendation that you interview a senior citizen in person is absolutely valid. If all of your classmates interview different people, then as a class you will come up with a pretty good composite view of how life goes as people age.

This is an excellent exercise!

Unfortunately nope... Would you be willing to be my interviewee? We could use Skype or Google Hangout video calls.
I'm flattered but no, for some reason I let it all bare on forums but would not like to be interviewed.

[I'm supposed to interview a senior about their experience with aging. After the interview, I will write a paper discussing the story with regards to the concepts I learned in class. ]

However, if you can't find a subject to interview, here's a novel idea. You can learn a lot about me, or any of us, by following our posts and learning about our opinions and whatever we divulge about ourselves. Perhaps you will find enough material about any of us to write your paper.

Just hover your mouse over the poster's icon, click on their nickname, then click on ''Postings'' and you can read all of their postings and be able to come up with a ''character study'' of that person. It's not ''the real thing'', but it's the next best thing to come up with your assignment. Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm flattered but no, for some reason I let it all bare on forums but would not like to be interviewed.

[I'm supposed to interview a senior about their experience with aging. After the interview, I will write a paper discussing the story with regards to the concepts I learned in class. ]

However, if you can't find a subject to interview, here's a novel idea. You can learn a lot about me, or any of us, by following our posts and learning about our opinions and whatever we divulge about ourselves. Perhaps you will find enough material about any of us to write your paper.

Just hover your mouse over the poster's icon, click on their nickname, then click on ''Postings'' and you can read all of their postings and be able to come up with a ''character study'' of that person. It's not ''the real thing'', but it's the next best thing to come up with your assignment. Good luck!
It’s an awesome idea! I really appreciate that!

That's a GREAT idea... I agree. Nothing like face to face.

Back