Interesting Mask Procedure - Derek Chauvin Trial

win231

SF VIP
When the attorneys & witnesses enter the courtroom, they're wearing masks. After they sit down, they remove their masks. After a witness sits in the stand to testify, judge says, "I'll ask you to remove your mask."
The attorneys remove their masks before they speak. Of course the courtroom is indoors - no different from a restaurant or any other business where masks are required.
So.....this deadly, highly-contagious virus "That has already killed over 550,000 people" won't infect anyone while they're speaking??

Last edited:
Haven't you learned by now it's only deadly when they say it is. But when they want you to do something they want like driver's license renewal, or car inspection, why it's perfectly safe to do that. This is why I'm not buying into this whole thing anymore. Either it's dangerous all of the time or it's not. Whoever heard of an arbitrary virus?

When the attorneys & witnesses enter the courtroom, they're wearing masks. After they sit down, they remove their masks. After a witness sits in the stand to testify, judge says, "I'll ask you to remove your mask."
The attorneys remove their masks before they speak. Of course the courtroom is indoors - no different from a restaurant or any other business where masks are required.
So.....this deadly, highly-contagious virus won't infect anyone while they're speaking??
aren't they seperated by Plexiglass ?

Haven't you learned by now it's only deadly when they say it is. But when they want you to do something they want like driver's license renewal, or car inspection, why it's perfectly safe to do that. This is why I'm not buying into this whole thing anymore. Either it's dangerous all of the time or it's not. Whoever heard of an arbitrary virus?
Or a thoughtful, considerate virus that won't infect anyone while they're eating or testifying. šŸ˜

aren't they seperated by Plexiglass ?
Some areas have a small section of plexiglass - that stops at eye level, similar to the plexiglass sections at the market cashier. You don't really think that would prevent microscopic, airborne virus from traveling between the top of that plexiglass & the several feet of space above it, do you?

Some areas have a small section of plexiglass - that stops at eye level, similar to the plexiglass sections at the market cashier. You don't really think that would prevent microscopic, airborne virus from traveling between the top of that plexiglass & the several feet of space above it, do you?
not at all...but it prevents anyone from coughing or sneezing right in someone else's face which is better than nowt I suppose...

not at all...but it prevents anyone from coughing or sneezing right in someone else's face which is better than nowt I suppose...
A year ago, when I first heard about the danger of people coughing & sneezing in someone's face, I tried to think back & remember if anyone ever coughed or sneezed in my face. No one ever did & I've never seen anyone do that to anyone. Well, I guess it's possible, but it would be a totally-hostile act - much like spitting on someone & pretty rare.

A year ago, when I first heard about the danger of people coughing & sneezing in someone's face, I tried to think back & remember if anyone ever coughed or sneezed in my face. No one ever did & I've never seen anyone do that to anyone. Well, I guess it's possible, but it would be a totally-hostile act - much like spitting on someone & pretty rare.
however it does happen. In fact I was grossed out just the other day when a woman walked past me in the supermarket, no mask, ( fortunately I had mine on), and coughed really hard right by my ear..*ugh*.. disgusting..

Probably just the Plexiglass shield by itself wouldn't be super-terrific protection. But the shield, plus the mask that everybody is supposed to be wearing in those spaces, does provide very good protection, from what I gather. Obviously, the vaccine is the best protection of all.

Probably just the Plexiglass shield by itself wouldn't be super-terrific protection. But the shield, plus the mask that everybody is supposed to be wearing in those spaces, does provide very good protection, from what I gather. Obviously, the vaccine is the best protection of all.
That's exactly my point. While testifying, people have to remove their mask. And while questioning witnesses, the attorney also removes his mask. Yesterday, Mr. Chauvin answered questions from the judge when he said he wouldn't testify. He also did not wear his mask while speaking.

Back