Is Anyone Using Aromatherapy?

I’ve got over 3 feet of hair and have a full size Mason Pearson hairbrush. They are handmade in England. I brush my hair. It’s just that’s it very thick. Thick curly hair comes with its own issues.
If you look up the cost of a Mason person brush, you’ll realize how invested I am in haircare. Lol

The curly girl club states that curly heads should never brush but I obviously disagree. I brush them re- curl using wet hands and a dab of conditioner. I’d have serious dandruff if I never brushed my scalp . I even have a tangle teaser for wet hair. Lol

I guess we changed the topic huh? 🤪😂
Holy smokes are they ever a lot of money! Ouch!

Why no brushing of curly or wavy hair?

I'm the same, my head would be a mess if I didn't brush regularly.

Do you ladies find that a particular essential oil is better than the next?

Your favorite?

I see so many, but are afraid to buy because i'm not sure of the quality.
You're right to be cautious. Your body will absorb the oil so it's important to use one that is as pure as possible. Also, not all of the oils are safe to use directly on the skin, they need to be mixed with a 'carrier' first.
It sounds as though it might be a good idea for you to get a book about it first.

You're right to be cautious. Your body will absorb the oil so it's important to use one that is as pure as possible. Also, not all of the oils are safe to use directly on the skin, they need to be mixed with a 'carrier' first.
It sounds as though it might be a good idea for you to get a book about it first.
Thanks Rosemarie...good info.

The only oil I use is CBD oil!

For myself, it depends on the use.
In the winter I often get itchy feet and itchy scalp so I use peppermint and tea tree oil. It works great. It’s also great for clearing sinus problems used with a steamer. It’s got anti fungal and anti bacterial properties.

Lavender is a nice relaxing oil which brings about a sense of peace and tranquility.
It’s also good as an insecticide and helps repel mosquitoes.

There’s citrus scents like orange, grapefruit , lemon or lime. Lemon grass is also used as a repellent but is very refreshing.

Then there are woodsy scents like cedar wood, pinewood, fir, frankincense

Of course there’s rose scents, apple, vanilla, thyme, rosemary .....

You can get almost anything from nature in an oil form, some being essential oils. Personally I like most of them.
Thanks Keesha.
I'm familiar w/the lavender oil. And, I use the fresh skins of the lemon, orange and grapefruit in water on the stove to scent up my home. I add cloves too. Smells so good.

I hear a lot abt tea tree oil.

Tea tree oil, I read somewhere that Meghan Markle uses it for breakouts, not the breakout from the firm but pimple breakouts.

Personally that is one fragrance that I cannot stand.

When I worked and would be in my cruiser in the middle of the night, I used one for stress. It had Spearmint and Eucalyptus in it. I would rub it under my nose and sometimes a little on my face. Mine was a lotion and not an oil. It really would make a difference in my attitude under the right conditions. Still use it every now and then.

I tried lavender, it is one of my favorite scents. My problem is that after awhile the scent wakes me up, almost like smelling fresh brewed coffee in the morning. Maybe I'm ultra sensitive to all types of smells.
Someone told me years ago that she hated lavender because the country she was from, possibly Ireland or Scotland, not sure which mixed that scent with the embalming fluid and all funeral homes smelled of it.
I think I'll try roses.

I'm a certified aromatherapist and have been creating aromatherapy products for years.

Here is a simple formula for a ROOM CLEARING spray:

15 drops rosemary essential oil
10 drops sweet orange essential oil
1 1/2 T. vodka
distilled water
By golly, I have all these ingredients, except the distilled water.
Would it be just as effective w/regular tap water?

I don't see that it would matter much...🤷‍♀️

Back